“Food glorious food...”
Review of O Picado

O Picado
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional fresh cooked dishes of portuguese madeira island
Reviewed October 9, 2018

What a delight! A marvellous meal in time for my visit to the theatre. Chef, Fatima, and staff helpful and friendly. Good service and food delicious and varied. We had the bean seafood stew, chock full of a variety of seafood including clams, crab, octopus, crevettes, prawns, mussels and scallops. So very tasty. Also tried the smaller version of shredded cod which was again delicious and, for me, very new taste experience. Also the Octopus vinaigrette which was fantastic, subtle flavour and soft meat. Will be going back again thoroughly recommend this restaurant. There is so much I would like to try but I will probably have the same again...it was that good. Thank you for a wonderful experience, obrigado, graças, agradecimentos, value.

Date of visit: October 2018
fatima46, Manager at O Picado, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for the lovely review ,happy you enjoyed look forward to see you again .

Reviewed September 23, 2018

The restaurant has a wonderful ambience and service was immediate. We ordered the chorizo to share and was great cooked at the table with warm bread butter and olives.
We both had steaks for the main course and was a very nice meal however the restaurant needs to check the quality of the steaks the receive or buy these weren't up to expectation.
The service fell down after we finished our meal and we were left sat although we tried getting attention. We both wanted a coffee and pastel de nata. We didn't order and I got up to the counter and paid the bill.
Overall experience was excellent and would highly recommend this restaurant to eat.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We booked our table online for 6:00 p.m. as we were seeing a show at the very nearby palace theatre at 8:00 p.m.
We left ourselves plenty of time to enjoy our meal which was absolutely spot on!
The choice is extensive and I'd be very surprised if anyone entering couldn't find something that'd suit their taste.
I had a starter of scabbard in a creamy mushroom sauce followed by king prawns in a piri Piri sauce with spicy rice.
First time I tried scabbard but will not be the last!
Food and ambience of this place was excellent and would definitely come back to it, which I hope to come back soon, if only to show my daughter what a great place it is!
Waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant who I also couldn't fault.
Thanks to staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious and good service. We went as a family of four and had a lovely evening here, would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Had a dinner woith my wife and 2 kids and sister in law. Service was fine, food was tasty however the poor rating is due to my chicken scewer dinner being served cold with cold corn on the cob. Everyone elses was fine but mine I migght add so think it was a service issue in the kitchen, but when I mentioned it to the waitress (owner) her words were "sorry" and that was it..... also 10 minutes later, my child who is (2) was sitting on the seat, complained of something sharp in his thigh. I looked and there was a staple sticking out of it where it was once hung up on a wall or something,..... I pulled it out and gave it to the waitress and explained my 2 year old has scratched on his thigh, and again it was a pathetic "sorry".
No compassion and no discount or complimentary drink or waive of the service charge... well to be sure that £8 charge and zero compassion has now cost her and the restaurant our custom which over the course of the year would of made them a serious amount of money.
Also this business has been up for sale a long time so perhaps the standards have gone.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank jamesth0mass
fatima46, Owner at O Picado, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Hi James
I thank you for your valued and appreciated review as we use every review as valuable tools towards improvement and customer service but I would like to make a few points regarding your coments on the review.
Can you please let me know where is this business for sale ? Coz me as owner I’m not even aware of it and this business is defenatly not for sale it did about 10 years ago over a divorce but all was solved and I’ve been here now trading for all this years and intend to continue for many more to come. The waitress is not the owner probably the waitress in charge that night.
I really apologise for your skewer to be cold and for your child scratching .yes we do hung things up and yes a nail could have naturally fallen and yes we could have missed it and also yes you should have been shown or given some sort of apologetic gesture witch we normally do and can’t understand why you where not given that night ,
I must point it out that we have new employees on training procedure still witch has probably contributed to your experience and your overview of thinking we don’t care about the place .
Yes we do care and that’s why I’m replying to you.
I’m really sorry that this has put you off if is there anything I can do to remediate please contact us and ask for Fatima will be my pleasure to meet you.
Kind regards