“Another lovely meal at O Picado”
Review of O Picado

O Picado
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional fresh cooked dishes of portuguese madeira island
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Second time been to O Picado and wasn't disappointed in any way. Very welcoming, lovely atmosphere great food. Recommended

1  Thank Paul N

Reviewed July 5, 2014

How beautiful place O'Picado is! Very enjoyed last night environment! The guitar sounds so romantic plus nice bottle of wine, and when food arrived it completed all evening in full...tastes so freshly cooked and as you prefer. Very welcoming and friendly team. Everything around made on it's own style of Madeira no other place having beauty as O'Picado. it's not posh but don't even need to be this place like home you are welcome, greeted well, food yummy, and atmosphere soaking you in to stay more and more.

2  Thank 470Lourdes
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My partner and I visit o picados regularly, all the food is delicious and perfectly cooked! The staff are polite and friendly and I love the atmosphere the restaurant holds! It's most deff our first choice restaurant any night of the week!

1  Thank Olivia171
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been a regular customer of this beautifully unique restaurant for a couple of years now and I cannot fault anything about it. The food is delicious and I can honestly say I have had the most enjoyable meals here more than anywhere else in Essex. The staff are always welcoming and the whole atmosphere of the place makes me feel like I'm on holiday. It has a beautiful feel, the decor is quirky and welcoming and I have felt proud to introduce family and friends to this wonderful place! Don't miss out, definitely worth a visit!

2  Thank Ncb000
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I went with friends, and not knowing what to expect, I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and served quickly, the staff were all accommodating, extremely friendly and welcoming. We sat in the main restaurant, where there was a really nice warm atmosphere. There is also a large outdoor seating area, which was very nicely decorated and under a large pergola, which must be lovely on a Summer's evening. They clearly had a lot of regulars and greeted them by name, which is always a sure sign of a great restaurant to me. The prices were also very reasonable and the bill came to much less than I was expecting. The decor and atmosphere feels like you're on holiday, without actually travelling anywhere, which I love and I can see exactly why they have so many regulars. Were it not quite a distance from me currently, I can see myself thoroughly enjoying spending a couple of nights a week there. Despite the distance, I will definitely be returning.

1  Thank CountryTraveller5