“O Picado westcliff”
Review of O Picado

O Picado
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional fresh cooked dishes of portuguese madeira island
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I love this restaurant, very friendly, good food and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Not in the best location but once inside it is worth going to. We are even going for our Christmas lunch this year!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went with a large party and sat in the rear of the restaurant. They had electric heaters that did nothing much to warm the area and we sat with our coats on all night. Went previously in April and froze also. Food and staff are great, but they really need to invest in some proper heating.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This is one restaurant I will be returning to for certain! The food was amazing and the staff attentive. This restaurant is exactly like the ones we went to on our holiday and both me and my partner would recommend to anyone.
For starter we had bread and garlic bread with cheese and chilli. Very reasonable for the amount you pay! Would only recommend one starter between two unless your hungry.
For mains by partner had steak with peppercorn sauce and I had chicken with garlic and herb. Both dishes were fantastic. I think the experience is what you make of it and if you start the evening angry (as one of the other reviews clearly did) then you aren't going to enjoy your meal. I must suggest you try this place because the previous review is greatly critical of what I believe is the perfect Portuguese restaurant in England!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Tonight's experience was a shambles! We asked for a table and as there were only 2 of us was informed that we could only sit at a table for two. The expected 'coach party' never turned up and we were left sitting in cramped conditions in an extremely draughty position every time anyone opened the back door, which the staff did on a frequent basis; always leaving the door open. My food was mediocre at best - £7 for 4 medium sized prawns in garlic and piri piri sauce out of a bottle if required. My partner's mushrooms however was a very generous portion that tasted good. My steak was cooked OK but it wasn't a particularly good one which didn't enamour me to it. Partners chicken was grilled but hardly reached the heights of haute cuisine. To top this off all side dishes were extra and with a final bill of £73+ ( 2 bottles of wine in that) did not think it good value at all. Won't be repeating the experience

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I visited this restaurant for a lunchtime special on a miserable rainy day. We walked in to upbeat music that fitted well with the restaurant and a waitress that was warm and welcoming. We walked into the back area and it felt like we were on holiday in Portugal! The lunchtime special was unbelievable value for money, sirloin steak and chips for a fiver! Service was fantastic, everything like we were in Portugal. The food was lovely. My husband had the picado sauce, this was amazingly mouthwatering, just beautiful! All washed down with authentic Portuguese beer, taking you back to any past holiday in Portugal! I can't wait to go back and try the tapas for two menu and feel thankful that I found this amazing little restaurant!