“Maggie's Birthday Bash”
Review of O Picado

O Picado
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional fresh cooked dishes of portuguese madeira island
Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a truly fantastic evening!

Thank you so much Opicardo for making my birthday meal a very special occasion.

The food was absolutely fantastic!

All of my guests loved your restaurant (which I knew they would) they felt like we were all on holiday in lovely Portugal....which is exactly what I wanted them to feel.

I cannot thank you enough...your friendly approach...helpfulness and excellent customer service..is so refreshing.

You chef cooks the best food around.....

I cannot wait until my next visit.

Once again thank you and for people reading this review.....

do yourselves a favour and go and eat in this lovely restaurant.....you do have a wait a little for the food to be cooked...as your meal is cooked fresh to order...but hey...have a glass of vino and relax and wait for a real treat to be served.

YUMMY!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having read all the reviews on this place i thought I was in a different restaurant. We went there with some friends on a Saturday night, we were shown to our table which is outside of the main seating area which is in an alley with a plastic corrugated roof and a few fairy lights for atmosphere, it was very cold and our table was next to the toilet... the toilet did not have a hand dyer just a communal towel ... not sure how that stands with the public health dept and food and hygiene laws. The starter of small fried fish (like whitebait) was very bony as they are larger and lacked a bit of finest The fishcakes were a bit dry and the prawn cocktail was OK. Our mains, the boys had the steak which you cook yourselves on a heated stone, it was superb quality and 2 slices each, the girls had the mixed fish skewer which was bit flavorless and chewy and the Steak with Banana was a bit confusing almost surreal. Deserts were Ok but again lacked a bit of finesse. This is a family run establishment and lacked a bit of professionalism. Had we sat inside may have had a different impression, if we go again will insist on sitting inside the main restaurant. Good value for money overall

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We noticed this restaurant on a recent visit to the Palace Theatre (close by) and my wife and I decided to try it out Saturday night. On first look we thought it was small but it stretches out back, though that doesn't take away from its cosy feel. A busy young staff were very attentive and made for a very comfortable atmosphere. Food excellent and good value for money. As mentioned, the proximity to the Palace Theatre makes it very convenient for a pre show meal.We will be visiting again and can't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

at the risk of repeating myself i can only praise the wonderful little gem 7 of us saturday night, hubby,s birthday , a cold night but a wonderful warm welcome as usual, the food was stunning from starters to mains and desserts,most of us has fish for starters, octopus, fish cakes, and the excellent piri piri prawn, gorgeous garlic bread, 3 of us had red snapper 1 skate, 1plaice and prawns, 2 steaks,everythig was perfect, and to wash it down a few bottles of wine ,we just love this place please dont change a thing, thankyou so much for another great evening,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Total luck to find this place on way to theatre. Food was great, service wonderful, atmosphere at 7pm was amazing. Will eat here every time I'm in the neibourhood.
Thank God for independents..............
....