“Terrible”
Review of O Picado

O Picado
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional fresh cooked dishes of portuguese madeira island
London, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Rude service, and the food was a joke. I've been there a few times now and the staff always seem really rude and dismissive. The soup was a bowl of water and all our meat was over cooked.

If your food is rubbish at least serve it with a genuine smile on your face.

(Also your toilet was over flowing with some manky towel to wipe your hands with strung over the door, nice)

4 Thank AVAL0VE

Benfleet, United Kingdom
“A Taste of Madeira”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Visited O Picardo with friends on a very cold Saturday evening & found the whole experience very heart warming & a reminder of a summer trip to the beautiful island of Madeira,

The food is very tasty I tried the self- cook on a stone steak ,which was deliciious & the fish of which there was plenty, looked equally good.

The desserts were equally tasty & the sangria was plentiful.

The only slight downer was that there were some large parties in the conservatory- like back part of the restaurant & people were constantly going in & out to the road to smoke.
As it was so cold it made our table near the front door a little bit uncomfortable.

All in all though O Picardo is well worth a visit .

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Disgusted”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We arrived and were greeted and shown to our table. We ordered our drinks first which came swiftly. We then ordered our food..Garlic bread as appetiser,,Mussels and Garlic Mushrooms for starter and spagetti bolognase and steak skewer for main...Our starter arrived before our appetiser which we advised the waitress off who looked surprised and went of looking for it..We ate our starters..I was a bit disappointed with only 6 tastless muscles and my girlfriend again dissapointed with the mushrooms which I believe to have been tined. Eventually our appetiser arrived after asking another 2 times for it. It was by far the highlight of the meal.. The mains turned up..The spagetti bolognase had a tangy taste and subsequently was not eaten. The meat on the skewer was all fat and absolutely disgusting. I advised the waiter (possibly manager/owner) who told me that was to be expected from the skewer..For once I was totally speechless. After waiting 10 mins for a member of staff to appear we got the bill paid it with no tip and left with the satisfying knowledge we would never return..
Finally I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone

2 Thank grahamsos
Westcliff-on-s
“Exceptional Food & value for money”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I took my Husband for his birthday meal & we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. We were there for 3 hours but seemed like 1! There was so much to choose from on the menu I could not decide what to have & it was a nice change to have sangria rather than wine with the meal. The staff were so welcoming & friendly & there was a great ambience. We just don't know why it has taken us so long to try this restaurant. We won't leave it too long before returning. It would be nice in the summer to sit out the front & have a drink or to sit in their gardens at the back for a meal. Thank you O Picado!!!

1 Thank Liz L
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This cosy, family run restaurant offers not only exceptional food, but exceptional service as well. Highly recommended. My third visit and definitely not my last.

Visited December 2012