“Very nice place”

Alvaro's Portuguese Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Alvaro's restaurant, established in 1977, serves Portugese and Mediterranean cuisine with silver service.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a lovely time with very friendly service and good honest Portugese food. Make sure you can eat garlic though as it is the base of all of the sauces.
The house wine was good enough. So if you are after a southern europe experience, it's the place to go.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a lovely family restaurant, with a good atmosphere, and there is a large selection on the menu for all tastes. The staff are friendly, welcoming and very attentive. It may not be the cheapest of restaurants, but it is much nicer than the larger chain restaurants.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

this is one of my top rated places sadly I don't live local or I could visit more often.Went last weekend to visit my daughter so there was no way I wasn't going to eat here .As in the past it was a brilliant evening top food and service .

1  Thank dean c
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to Alvaro's again tonight for a family meal. The service, as always was impeccable, friendly and expert. This restaurant has been a favorite of my Mum & Dad since they moved to the Southend area 26 years ago.

I love the Chateaubriand, but it's for 2 people so tonight I had the steak Diane cooked expertly at the table by Freddie. Most of my relatives are fish lovers so they had the wonderful Portuguese fish dishes that really stand out here.

Nothing is too much trouble and even the house wine is delicious.
The food isn't cheap, I still rate the value for money as you get wonderful fresh ingredients and a super meal out.

We will be back, it's a certainty!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My Husband and I have been going to this restaurant for a number of years. And can honestly say we have never had a disappointing meal. The service has always been first class it can be a bit exspensive but when you are getting service and food like this you don't mind paying. If you haven't tried this restaurant yet you are missing a treat. go the next time you want a great night out you must book.