“dated but very friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westcliff-on-Sea
Cobham Lodge Hotel B&B
Reviewed May 22, 2008

I stayed at the cobham lodge hotel last month and what a wonderful stay. After reading the other reviews I think that maybe the hotel has been taking over by someone else.
The room we stayed in for £55 was worth more. It was modern with lovely bay windows over looking the sea. The room smelled fresh and clean and we really could not fault it.
When we arrived we was greeted by very friendly staff and we were treated very well the whole of our stay!!! We had a couple of reasonable priced drinks in the bar which I agree is in need of a make over and went to bed. We had a lovely breakfast that was also served by friendly staff and it was delicious. Just what we needed to start our day. They served tea, toast, cereals and a cooked breakfast.
We are very glad we never read these reviews before we stayed otherwise we would never have gone to that hotel.
We will be staying there again as we like to visit southend once a year.
The hotel is a dated but it has character!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 26, 2007

This place is a complete nightmare.....the decor is old and dirty, our window was sealed shut and had masking tape covering the gaping holes in the glass. There was even a lock on one of the fire exits!
Do not waste your money, or risk getting bed bugs. Best of all the breakfast consisted of tinned mushrooms, a rather sad looking tomatoe, and something masquerading as a sausage. It made me and my partner feel ill.

There are other lovely little B&B's along the coast....rather than this Bates motel!

Find somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank Tiski
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Just spent the weekend at the Cobham Lodge Hotel B&B in Westcliff-on-sea as I was in town for a party. I have to say I was a bit shocked I don't think this place has been decorated since the 1970's my room had big windows with a sea view...it would have been nice had the windows not looked like they had'nt been cleaned since the 1970's as well! not to the mention the cracks in the glass. The sealing in the room looked like it had been water damaged some time ago with all different bits of plaster board and water stains across it. The bed sheet I have to say did smell clean but on closer inspection had a few stains on them. We went down for breakfast in the morning to what I can only describe as a scene from Fawlty Towers! we waited over half an hour for our cooked breakfast the toast never turned up! and I spent 10 minutes looking for clean cutlery! When a lady on the table next to us asked if she could have a cup of tea a lady from the hotel pointed to the just about finish cup of tea the lady already had on the table and said 'no, you've got one there' and just walked off! the breakfast was just the cherry on the cake with this place I can honestly say I have never seen such an un-organised shambles in all my life! if I was the owner of this place I would be completely ashamed and embarrassed! There are to many run down shabby places like this for my liking on the British coast and they have the cheek to charge you the going rate £55 to stay in a place not even worthy of calling a Hostel! if you cant or don't want to take pride in your establishment then move over and sell it to someone who will! Charging people £55 a night to stay here is day light robbery in my opinion! they need to sort themselves out!

2  Thank STALee
Reviewed November 25, 2006

We stayed at this place some time back when visiting family, our cousins had book us in, based on past reputation ...

We arrived there and were "greeted" by the manager who reluctantly help us with our luggage (no lift) and showed us a "room" which was disgusting in every respect, after some argueing he offered a room which was significantly better but way from expected standard ... we accepted since had to stay there for one night after all ...

During the night we were suddenly disturbed by a big fight on our floor, apparently a woman and a man were having a "discussion", the woman was shouting obscenities, banging at every doors and shouting like mad ... evidently quite drunk.
No surprise since the manager and his assistant looked like two heavy alcoholics.

When we went down for breakfast, slightly late - it was about 10:30 - since we had a disturbed sleep ... they told us "too late, we are not serving anymore " ... when we explained that we had a poor sleep due to the row ... no apology was offered and not even a cup of tea was given as subsitute ...

THIS PLACE IS TO AVOID AT ALL COST

3  Thank AESCH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
2 mi away
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eastern Esplanade) Hotel
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eas...
#4 of 20 in Southend-on-Sea
#1 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
The Welbeck Hotel
The Welbeck Hotel
#3 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea

Been to Cobham Lodge Hotel B&B? Share your experiences!