“Room for improvement”
Review of The beach hut

The beach hut
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Situated on a beautiful stretch of beach at Westcliff on Sea, The Beach Hut combines stunning views with great food & drinks" Fresh food served 7 days a week for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Late dinning in the summer. We have our Kiosk Open in the summer.
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've been 3 times and the main problem is service. I get served by every member of staff but who do I tip! My drinks order was taken when I sat down and then 2 min later I was asked again by another waiter and then again by another waiter. I was asked what i wanted by 2 people and then given someone else's meal. They need to communicate better as a team. Burgers and antipasti's are excellent but salads are very poor. Salads need to be more exciting and I mean more tan just leaf!. This is a excellent restaurant but I feel it's run by family help who don't know what they are doing. Get some experienced front of house and it will be amazing.

Rochford, United Kingdom
“Just a quick stop”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had planned to go for a stroll along the promenade but saw this place and decided to pop in for a quick drink. I decided I needed some chips with my tea and my husband wanted some prawn with his cranberry juice. The service was great; the staff were attentive, polite and helpful. The prawns were the nicest I've ever had and the chips were wonderful.
We will be going back.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Great location”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have visited this restaurant about four times all at different times of the day. On every occasion the food was been fantastic and so have the staff. My most recent visit we arrived late afternoon and ordered a couple of their sharing boards. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was fantastic. We had the "on the shore" and "The garden" board to share between 3 of us and it was the perfect amount for a late afternoon meal. We were even given free cockle popcorn which was surprisingly really good. The great food, atmosphere and location make this a wonderful restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tanya G
Essex
“Nice surroundings”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our four visit and have never been disappointed, cannot understand some of the reviews that I have read. Each visit we have made the food and service have been excellent you cannot expect to be served in 5 minutes when all food is cooked fresh and served by pleasant staff. For anyone looking for good local produce cooked well and at a fair price give The Beach Hut a try

Leigh, United Kingdom
“pity about the wait!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

we visited the beach hut having booked beforehand.We arrived promptly and were shown to our table.We had to ask for a menu .We ordered our food at 12.40.At 1.15 I asked how much longer it would be (it was only a simple lunch) despite being told only a few minutes it finally arrived at 1.45. Not good enough! The poor waitress tried so hard to appease us and I would give her 10 out 10 for that.
We gave up the idea of puddings otherwise we might still be there. We tried to buy icecreams from their kiosk outside but despite 4 staff being around no one looked at us so we left and bought icecreams elsewhere.
Lovely food but Beach Hut you need to sort out what is going wrong in your kitchen,then you might have a success on your hands. Would we go there again? Don't know.

1 Thank sueandbleddyn