“Never disappointing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gold Leaf Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Gold Leaf Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Thai Restaurant
“Never disappointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant a few times now and it never disappoints, it is a little-known gem in the heart Westcliff which is worthy of greater custom. The atmosphere is calm and peaceful and the waiting staff are always welcoming but most most importantly the food is deeeelicious, great fresh, moorish flavours presented really beautifully, I always leave satisfied and will recommend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2013

london
“Fabulous Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have only had the take away from this restaurant but it is fantastic amazing. The take away always arrives hot and fresh and on time and having had authentic Thai food in the past I can say that this is the real thing. I have tried Chang Mai and it doesn't come anywhere near in my opinion.

1 Thank melandnick
London, United Kingdom
“Cold, Dry, Stale, GO TO CHIANG MAI”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I always go to Chiang Mai the food there is amazing but tonight I couldn't get through so thought I would give this a try.

My main meal was COLD not even luke warm. The spring rolls was really dry and inedible I ended up throwing them away.
My partner wanted a spicy Chicken Thai Curry, so when I ordered it I said please make sure its extra spicy, when we got his meal, it was completely bland and on a scale of 1-10 on spicyness it was a 0!!! This is really bad customer service.

Maybe my meal was dodgy but I really could not recommend this at all. I haven't even finished it (which is unlike me) and came on here to leave a bad review.

If you want a nice Thai go to Chiang Mai it is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chantelle_munt
Sho330, Owner at Gold Leaf Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Ms.Chantelle Munt

It was our pleasure if you could really try our foods last week
comparing with other Thai restaurant in Southend on Sea.
However our waitress and myself could neither receive any claims
of cold main meal nor such miss orders. Because it was not busy
days for us last week due to very cold weather.
We do remember each customers and their order dishes due to
limited number of tables last week.
Our chef waited to cook main dishes until finishing starters by customers.
Waitress and myself always ask to our customers if everything is okay
during meals. Our authentic Thai dishes are nowadays well supported
by lots of British and Thai resident people here too.
It will be repaid anytime if your review is correct and true.

Yours sincerely

Owner of Gold Leaf Thai restaurant
Essex
“Wonderful authentic thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Been to many thai restaurants, certainly the best authentic thai,excellent food,fresh ingredients crisp and tasty vegetables.prawn crackers on entry ( no charge) fresh mango and melon to finish,(no charge). Had mixed platter for 2' pad thai with chicken, chicken,green beans peppers,basil and chilli, Penang chicken curry, fresh broccoli in oyster sauce with garlic. Beer and soft drinks, coffee to finish. Less than £42, excellent value, will certainly do the 40 miles trip from Grays to go back again.made to feel very welcome,superb restaurant.

“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food better food now than before , atmosphere ok ,great service sometimes a little slow but worth the wait and good price

1 Thank Skytel