“A good 3 star” 4 of 5 bubbles

Westcliff Hotel
northants
“A good 3 star”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

As former residents of southend wemet our family here for memory lane weekend. we recomended the westcliff as my wife & i stayed here last year our famil loved the hotel. its being redecorated at the moment but we were not troubled at all.reception staff very good also restaurant staff good especially lucy, breakfast buffet also good.bar area etc very comfortable. all in all very nice place will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WestMng, Front Office Manager at Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will ensure that your comments are passed onto Lucy and the rest of the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Kind regards

Caroline King
Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Czech first
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by our one night stay at this hotel. The hotel is in a prime position, walking distance to the town centre and theatre. Lovely receptionist who made us feel very welcome without being overintrusive. This set our weekend off to a good start. The hotel is stylish inside with lots of character, the restaurant looked impressive though we did not eat there and they did do special deals. Our room was huge, clean and comfortable, largest room I have stayed in in this country. Bed linen luxurious as was decor. Mattress a bit hard for me but when I mentioned this on our departure was told I could have had a mattress topper and they would keep a note on my records for if we stayed again, I may add this was my personal preference my partner thought it was fine. Would definitely recommend and would stay there again. Ten our of ten for customer service to the first class receptionist.

Room Tip: you pay for extra for a sea view for which you need to stay at the front of the hotel, we were at th...
1 Thank dayatthecoast
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received such a warm welcome. Please contact me directly when you want to book again and I will look after all aspects of your reservation for you.

Kind regards

Caroline King
Front of House Manager
Linford, Essex.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Most of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
The room was decorated nicely, but was dusty, cobwebs around the curtains/windows and bin not being emptied from a previous guest were a bit off putting. As was the mould around the bathroom window and bath.
We had a room at the back of the hotel, which was very quite and we did sleep really well, bed and pillows very comfortable.
Breakfast was very good, with plenty of cooked food, cereals and fruits to choose from.
Value for money reasonable. Would think about staying at the Westcliff hotel again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reservations W, Manager at Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2016
Harlow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here as I has tickets to see Paloma Faith at the Cliffs Pavillion which is literally a 30 second walk away...absolutely brilliant location.
The receptionist (from Manchester) was absolutely lovely & friendly and gave us a great welcome. Our twin room was on the 2nd floor and was huge! It had amazing sea views, 2 x double beds and was very nicely decorated. The bathroom was up a couple of steps, sort of round the corner, so it felt like we had a small apartment! Lovely shower & plenty of hot water.

The only moan I would have was about the bar, very very slow service...well that's when you could actually find the barman!! The bar stated that it was open to residents until 2am, but when I asked for 2 Irish coffees at about midnight, the barman said that he had turned the machine off. When I said that I could see the lights on the coffee machine were still on, he said that he meant he didn't want to serve coffee as he hadn't cleaned it. Basically, he wasn't happy that he had to make Irish Coffees...it was too much hassle. I asked to speak to the manager and lo and behold he said he would make them!

The breakfast was great, everything you could want and the waitresses were friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reservations W, Owner at Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2016
thank you for your review we take note of your comments we are a good location for the Cliffs Pavilion lots of guests and acts stay with us on a regular basis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights.. I had booked a single room but the bed was a small double. Room decorated ok and clean. My only disappointment of the room was the shower. The bathroom was very small so it had no bath, just a small shower cubicle. The shower was tiny. The sliding doors slid from the corners and when fully opened the gap was about 12 inches. If you weigh more than 6 stone you would struggle to get in as I did.
The lift is really small and the old style you tend to get in seaside properties.. It will accommodate no more than 2 people and it is really slow which may be a problem if the hotel was really busy.. One tip is wait until the outside door of the lift fully closes before you swipe your door card and select your floor or it won't work..
I ate in the restaurant one night and the food was really nice. The staff I found very friendly and approachable in all areas of the hotel. The stairs in the foyer of the hotel were being repaired so there was some drilling at times but I didn't find this too disruptive.
The hotel does not have a car park so you have to find parking on the road outside which is free and without restriction for the most part but there are some permit parking areas in the streets around so check the signage.. If you come back late I would imagine that it may be difficult to find a space outside..
The hotel is a short walk downhill to the Cliffs Pavillion theatre. Around that area there a few eating places that do early doors offers for a set price for 2 courses utilised by theatre goers. There a couple of Italian restaurants overlooking the water if you walk down past the Cliffs Pavillion and turn left just after the big car park.
I had a pleasant stay and would return..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 nights and attended a large wedding reception in the hotel.We were very impressed with the friendly and helpfull staff . The wedding reception was very well done and again the staff were very good . We found the food to be of a high standard and reasonably priced. It is unfortunate that parking can be a problem .Many thanks for a very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank ken w
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Perfect location if you are going to a show at the Cliffs Pavillion. Also only a few minutes walk to the Casio. Welcomed by a very friendly and helpful Receptionist. All staff throughout the hotel were friendly. Very nice evening meal, which was a good special offer. Breakfast was good. Room was a fair size, comfy bed and good pillows, with a lovely sea view on the 4th floor. The only thing I do suggest is that they is a little notice saying were the tea and coffee is as I found it by accident. A think I would always try to arrive at the hotel early as I think if you were late parking may be a problem.

Room Tip: Had lovely sea view from 4th floor.
regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,122 reviews
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eastern Esplanade) Hotel
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eas...
#1 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#6 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Gleneagles Guesthouse
Gleneagles Guesthouse
#1 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea

Been to Westcliff Hotel? Share your experiences!