“Very nice stay”

Pavilion Hotel
Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were in southend without a place to sleep. Drove past there by accident and knocked on the door around mid night. We were greeted by the lovely lady. At first she hesitated as she saw three guys, but we were welcome to stay and she charged us a very fair price. The room had a good size and was very clean. It had a authentic atmosphere and we had a nice breakfast too. I will stay there any time if I go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Reza K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
leicestershire.u.k
Reviewed March 17, 2013

on arrival we were greeted with a smile by who we now no as georgina and shown to our room which was spacious and very clean,the bed was a normal size double and very comfortable with a king size good quality quilt on it,we slept very well considering there was a gale going on outside(double glazed windows)The next morning were greeted by the same lady and served with good sized full english and as much tea and tost as you wanted,all in all very good!!will stay again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jimthelandlord
knoxville TN
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel whilst visiting my mother from the USA. The owners Georgina and George were so hospitable. Delicous cooked English breakfast and nice clean room. I shall stay there on my next visit. Very reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ladyofengland
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Welcome was basic but ok. However from the entrance it was clear the 'hotel' aka b and b was very tired anhd worn out and in dire need of updating. Our room was clean apart from a scummy drinking glass but again in need of a renovation! The bed covers and towels smelt nice but were all miss match and gave atacky feel. Thw tv was big and good but at an odd angle in order to actually watch it comfortably. The worst part of the room that made me want to go home was the bathroom with a thin wood 'shutter' as a door!? This created no privacy for bathroom activities and was in a classic pink colour! We cannot comment on breakfast as we did not stay for it however there was a very bubbly morning from the lady working at the time. All in all we would not stay here again but goodish effort?

Room Tip: a real bathroom door!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart M
Thurcroft, Rotherham
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Excellent all round service, value for money, very friendly owners and staff, Georgina is very friendly and welcoming. This is the best B&B i have stayed in, and i always go back to this one when i come down to visit my girlfriend, and it feels like a home from home, the breakfasts are fantastic and they set you up for the day. Every time i come down to stay in this B&B i really enjoy my stay and its only a 5/10 minute walk from Southend central station. The rooms are always clean and tidy, me and my girlfriend love this little B&B. We always have a double room with en suite which are always clean and fresh towels for you to use.

Room Tip: double rooms are more value for your money if your a couple but if not then all the other rooms are...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Adam J
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Pavilion Hotel for a long weekend with my boyfriend. We are familiar with Southend and having been to other nearby B&B's we thought we would try somewhere new, and I am glad we did! We were welcomed warmly by Georgina. We had a double en-suite room which was sufficient for our needs - the room was extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfasts in the mornings were great and were definitely value for money with cereals and a full english on offer! We then told Georgina that we would bring the kids next time as she told us she had a larger family room which would accommodate our 8 year old and newly born. The hotel is close to the cliffs pavilion so great if you want to go for a drink! We were also able to enjoy walks along the cliffs and seafront and it's nearby to the theme park and city centre. We would definitely recommend the Pavilion Hotel to couples and anyone with kids too. A very enjoyable stay, thank you. Kerry & Rob.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kerry J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at The Pavilion for 10 days in July with a friend. The stay was really lovely as were the staff. In the end I was almost sorry to leave!
Upon arriving I found myself greeted by smiles from the very first person I met, a sweet lady called Georgina. She was extremely hospitable and at once made me feel at home.
Entering the room, it was clean and cosy, just what I would expect from a seaside B&B. The bathroom was very clean.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done.
Now I come to the best part of my stay... the breakfast!! I can quite honestly say that Georginas fry-up puts other more pricey hotels to shame. Without a doubt, the tastiest fry up I have ever had.
All in all, I had a relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable stay and the staff at the pavilion did all they could to make sure of this. I will most certainly be visiting again and I very much look forward to it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lorraine M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
Skylark Hotel
Skylark Hotel
#3 of 3 in Rochford
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Holiday Inn Southend
Holiday Inn Southend
#6 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
The Welbeck Hotel
The Welbeck Hotel
#4 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!