“Very Good”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

5 of us dined here on a Saturday evening and we all went away happy.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very good and was reasonably full. I like the open kitchen and also the restaurant felt stylish and well designed.

The choices are good and you can choose from a Bistro menu, the grill or al a carte.

I found the food of an excellent quality and I would consider a good size. 2 people had the sea bass, 1 steak, 1 burger and 1 tuna steak. Everyone agreed it was very good. The sides appear to be a little pricey but I thought were good value as the portion size was good.

We will return,

1  Thank Hi-Voltage
Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Back again for another fantastic meal. Went for lunch with friends and ended up staying for 5 hours. Felt totally at home the whole time. Not rushed, great service. We just love it here, almost part of the furniture. Compliments once again to the Chef and staff. Sue and Martin.

1  Thank Martin R
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband end up here quite a bit. For a few more pounds we can have a meal that is quality and not quantity. The early bird menu is excellent. We love sitting by the kitchen and watching the care that the staff put into every dish. We had a special voucher and I ventured to try the mains al a carte. The Venison was really amazing. The blackberry jus was a great compliment to the lovely tender meat. The banana bread on the dessert menu was excellent. The food really is as good as it looks.

1  Thank misspippi
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Been here a number of times and the service and food never disappoints, lovely view of west life seafront followed with lovely staff and stunning food, prices are good for the quality of food, would recommend to anyone that has a taste for good quality, tasty and lovely food

1  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My partner took me to this restaurant as a treat for my birthday. We have walked past the restaurant on Southend seafront on many occasions having looked at the menu outside which has a good mix of seafood (as you would expect at a seaside restaurant) and meat dishes. She booked the restaurant for a Monday evening which as one would expect was fairly quiet with only five of the tables occupied. The service was excellent with a courteous waitress and the food was excellent. The lobster and crab pasta I had was delightful and the steak my parter had she said just melted in her mouth. A gem of a restaurant for what was the old public toilets, hence the pun by the owner calling it Toulouse (Two Loos).