“Fantastic”
Review of The Trinity Hotel

The Trinity Hotel
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

having stayed last month i had been meaning to write a review and kept forgetting. this isnt something i tend to do to often.
this place is fantastic. we stayed two nights one before and after a wedding round the corner in the rather naff westcliff hotel. we got there quiet late and they were full of things to do and see apologising for the lack of parking (they cant help being across the road from the westcliff theatre)
and as it was really raining they let us get straight up to the room to get on with it...
we headed out to dinner in the rain and came back stupidly late. even though its a bnb there was no grumble in the morning about being loud (we were, we were stupidly drunk) we were a little early for breakfast so they made us a big pot of tea and sat us in the gorgeously decorated lounge. photography books and fashion magazines littered the place and they kept the other half busy while i read the newspapers.

an absolutely fantastic breakfast buffet followed by a full english with poached eggs which was worth the room rate alone!

i work in the hotel industry and although i felt uncomfortable with the fact it was someones home when i originally booked i dont think i will be going back to those big n faceless relics anytime soon! well not in southend anyway.....

p.s. the room was spotless and the bathroom huge!

Room Tip: we had the one at the very back as soon as you go up the stairs. think it was room 1 very nicely app...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edinburgh
Reviewed October 22, 2012

All the important things are in place in this B&B. I was looking for a clean, comfortable room with a good breakfast at a reasonable price. The Trinity offered all this, and more. The breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. You could have any combination of cooked breakfast but there was also fruit juice, granola, yoghurts, toast and a selection of fresh fruit. Breakfast was served at a large table next to the kitchen area. If you are travelling as a family or a couple you might find this to be a disadvantage but, as I was on my own, I was more than happy sharing. Plenty of reading material in the breakfast area, too!

My room was a single (number 5). It was small but it had everything I needed - kettle, hairdryer, television, radio, easy chair, upright chair, table, free bottled water, bedside light, sufficient hangers, efficient radiator, and, most importantly, a very comfortable bed. There was even a book by my bed for me to read, which added to the cosy feel of the room. The ensuite facilities were quite spacious for a small room. I slept like a log which doesn't usually happen when I am in a strange bed. It was very quiet, in spite of wild weather both nights I was there.

The Trinity is situated just round the corner from the Cliffs Pavilion so is an excellent place to stay after going to a show. It is also within walking distance of both Westcliff and Southend Central Railway Stations.

Alan and Jill, the owners, were very welcoming. By the time I came to leave, I was feeling so relaxed that I had to remind myself that I wasn't actually staying with friends; there was a bill to pay. I definitely hope to stay at the Trinity next time I am visiting the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Dodiegale
leicester
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the end of September as we had to go to a wedding in the area. We had never stayed in this part of Essex before and normally stay in hotels when we are away. As the choice of hotels didnt seem too brilliant we opted for the Trinity Hotel ( which is actually a B and B rather than a hotel). We had a Premier room , which for £75 ( including breakfast)represented excellent value. The rooms were clean, the bedding was clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. As other contributors have said the breakfast was very good indeed. Homemade jam etc, everything freshly cooked. This is how English breakfasts ought to be ( and unfortunately rarely are). Parking might be a slight problem at peak times but we were there over a Saturday night and didnt find it too difficult. So when you re in this area dont bother with the chain hotels try this place instead, you wont regret it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chunky1950
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Have just returned from staying at the Trinity we have had a brilliant time. The Hotel is fantastic and the rooms are excellent especially room 1 which happens to be my favorite we just wish we could have stayed longer. Breakfast is delicious and the home made muffins we had this morning were the best i have ever tasted. Alan and Jill are wonderful hosts and we hope to be back real soon. Hopefully there will be another show at the Cliffs then we can stay again and have the wonderful breakfast. Thank u Alan and Jill for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at The Trinty. Alan and Jill do an excellent job. The location is great for a lovely walk along the seafront and into Old Leigh. The guest house is beautifully decorated and our room was warm, spotless and classy. Breakfast was superb with lots of lovely choices.We left feeling refreshed and spoilt. We will definitely be back for another stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a six room bed and breakfast run by a very polite and friendly couple. Though it's called a hotel, you really feel like you're actually staying at someone's house, it's very homely here. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and they make a mean English brekkie in the morning for you! I paid £45 for a night in a single room, very reasonable I thought. Free bottled water in the fridge, too.

It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the pier/town centre, take the walk along the seafront, it's very scenic!

Overall my stay was very pleasant, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan T
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

A great find if you are visiting Southend Area. Right next to the Pavillion - 15 minute walk into Southend Town Centre along the front and about 45 the other way into Old Leigh. Paid £10 more for a larger room - which had very comfortable double bed, small sofa/dressing area and a ensuite shower room - good sized cubicle with powerful shower. Jill the owner couldnt do enough to make our stay comfortable - the breakfast was fantastic with gorgous homemade granola, fresh berries - blackberries, raspberries and strawberries, followed by either full english breakfast or muffin with bacon mushrooms, rocket etc on top - all cooked freshly to order. You sit in the kitchen on two large tables so you may have to share with other couples - but this is nice and friendly! There was also banana muffins straight from the oven - delicious! The room itself, if I were to be highly critical could do with a lick of paint but it was overall very clean and the owners have lovely taste in furniture - very modern (quite Habitat ie). Tea Coffee and water provided in the rooms and flat screen tv with ipod dock a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again if visiting this area. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1 or Room 6 (nice sized doubles)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank royaltiger66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
#2 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#3 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Ilfracombe House Hotel
Ilfracombe House Hotel
#10 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Trinity Hotel? Share your experiences!