“Perfect base for exploring the local area”
Review of The Trinity Hotel

The Trinity Hotel
London
“Perfect base for exploring the local area”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay here with a friend. We had a lovely large room with seating area at the top of the house. Nice clean shower room with good shower. Nice big tv and ipod dock, as well a magazine rack full of reading material. Fridge in hallway stocked with free bottles of mineral water which was very welcome. Alan and Jill were very pleasant and made our stay comfortable and gave us good advice on where to visit etc. The breakfast is as good as the other reviews state- try the granola and the mushrooms on toast.
Parking was a bit tricky, worsened by the fact we arrived on a bank holiday and there was a beer festival taking place at the Cliffs Pavilion. However, we did find a space in a neighbouring road so don't be put off. All in all, this is likely to be the best place to stay in the area. The hotel is clean, modern, welcoming and excellent value for money.
I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Room 6 is dubbed the 'penthouse'. Has a nice chaise lounge perfect watching tv.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Luton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Not normally the type of person to stay at a hotel which is more of a bed and breakfast but I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and the couple who own it. My girlfriend and I stayed on a Friday night and I was even able to reserve fresh flowers in the room before arrival which was nice. We was instantly welcomed on arrival and made to feel at home. The couple are very friendly but not in your face. The room was large enough for easy movement and bright enough being on the top floor. The hotel does need a slight touch up in terms of cracked plaster walls but nothing drastic. The breakfast in the morning however was amazing!! All the food is grilled instead of fried and set us up for a nice long day. As the hotel was fully booked for the Saturday night they were even kind enough to recommend available hotels in the area instead. Would welcome another visit and wouldn't expect anything less than the warm welcome we received on this occasion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Normally I view hotels as soulless places. A place to dump your bags and just sleep for the night. The Trinity however made me feel like I just wanted to hang around, it was lovely.
Beautifully styled, by a lovely couple who could not have been more helpful and welcoming with an AMAZING breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I haven't been to Westcliff and Leigh on Sea for over ten years, and back then I thought this was such a lovely community! And it's been reaffirmed on this visit. Jill and Alan own and run such a lovely establishment here, and I highly recommend their place as a respite while visiting this area. The walk along the cliff was very welcome this morning. The breakfast was fantastic! And I could have had more! The room is very comfortable, and stylish too, in a homey way. Very friendly. Close to all parts of the town.

Room Tip: Parking may be difficult, but I did see spaces near the cliff-side road. It's on a one-way syst...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a family wedding at the Cliff's Pavillion. This is by far the best B&B I've stayed in- the couple who run it are very friendly and helpful, and everything runs to a very high standard. They allowed us to check in early so that we had time to get ready for the wedding. Room was lovely, very nicely decorated and quiet. Had a great double shower too. Breakfast was delicious, including fresh fruit salad, freshly baked banana muffins (hot straight out the oven!), and a full cooked breakfast. Really great- would certainly stay again, and would recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hethstar
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at 'The Trinity' overnight as we were in Southend seeing a show at the Cliffs Pavillion (2 minute walk away!) I work in the travel industry and have stayed in many a B&B in my time! This is by far the best I've stayed! The owners (Alan & Jill) quite clearly take pride in their place and this is clear from the start! The decor is fresh, contemporary and the attention to detail also yet has a real homely feel! The breakfast was flawless! If I need to return to Southend, this is where I WILL be staying and I recommend you do too!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
pershore
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I never write reviews, but have decided to write something about The Trinity Hotel, as it was just so nice to stay there. We went to Southend for a friend's wedding and staying at the Trinity really added to making the whole experience special. The interior is beautiful, tasteful and homely, with large comfortable rooms and good bathrooms. Jill and Alan were very good hosts, welcoming, friendly, relaxed, good company and nothing was too much trouble for them. Really good breakfast with masses of choice and the not to be missed freshly made Trinity Granola. I would definitely go back there and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fiona b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
#2 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#14 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Ilfracombe House Hotel
Ilfracombe House Hotel
#9 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Trinity Hotel? Share your experiences!