“Excellent new bar / restaurant ”
Review of Barru

Barru
Description: A stylish modern bar and restaurant serving small plates of a classic British menu.
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

A great bar and restaurant, just what Westcliff needs. Well priced drinks and good selection of small dishes so you can have as little or much as you want. Recommended.

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

I visited Barru with my boyfriend for a quiet meal and drinks; we was not disappointed and were met with so much more!
The decor and appearance is classy and sophisticated with a cosy atmosphere.
The food was absolutely amazing, the small plates idea is fantastic and provided us with an opportunity to share and try a selection of dishes rather than just one. We tried a selection of 'main' dishes; the coconut prawns and the spicy chicken wings being memorable in particular - and even though we were full, the dessert menu was so tempting that we couldn't resist! I had the cheeseboard and it was so much more than what I was expecting with a high selection of cheeses; I was so impressed!
The drinks menu is extensive and the bar area is welcoming.
The staff are incredibly friendly, as is the management and our waitress Georgina was attentive, bubbly and highly knowledgable on the food and menu.
We had such a lovely evening and I cannot wait to return - I cannot fault it!

2  Thank Leedsla123
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I visited Barru on the spur of the moment for lunch.
As this is a new establishment in Westcliff on Sea we had no prior expectations.
I must say we received a very friendly greeting and attentive service.
The "Small Plates" Menu was explained to us - I did not know what Beef Sliders were (It's a "London thing!"....
The food was top drawer. The Chilean House White Wine was very quoifable - so much so that we ordered a 2nd bottle.
Floater Coffee - Needs some practise - but we got 2 for 1. Thank you very much.
A good addition to the Westcliff restaurant scene.-

Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

Great staff lovely food and a very nice atmosphere the restaurant looks very cool with a separate mezzanine floor for lounging with drinks.

1  Thank Jason B
Reviewed April 6, 2016

A very cute upstairs area, just ashame its not a little bigger.

The bar is cool, it could do with more stool/seating for people only visitng for drinks.

A door between the bar and restaurant would be a good idea.

Lovely staff