“Excellent Experience”

Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Thurrock
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at The Premier Inn Thurrock East for a shopping trip to Lakeside & Bluewater, Lakeside was a 5 minute drive away, so very convenient, The Premier Inn was an excellent choice, as the rooms were very modern & very comfortable. Would not hesitate to stay there again, all the staff were very helpful. There is a Brewers fare next door and although we didn't venture there to eat as we were to tired after spending 8 hours shopping, the pub was very busy, so i can only go on that it must of been good. if you are thinking about staying here don't hesitate, you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Was attending a family wedding nearby & this one was the cheapest Premier Inn by far which helped as our expenses were growing by the minute. Had a bit of trouble finding it first time round as the directions mention turning right onto a particular road that we ever knew but got there eventually. The reception staff were very pleasant & helpfull. The room was very clean & tidy but was at the end of a long corridor and we was glad when our days journey was over. Was a bit concerned that the area was going to be noisy but this proved to be wrong and we had two good nights sleep and a very enjoyable weekend.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynny_B_43
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I always stay in premier inns and so when we planned a weekend away we went straight to the site and booked our room we normally stay in the Thurrock west one but this one was £29 so we went for it. Checked in easily and was shown to our room. We were watching tv when I notices what I thought was fluff on my husbands arm until it and another started jumping about- fleas! Pulled back the covers and in my opinion the sheets were not clean enough. I called reception - I was told on check in to call fix it line but this was not clear on the phone and I just pressed buttons until I got it. The lady quickly came up and looked at one trapped flea and moved us to another room. This room was ok but there were cob webs all round the top of the bed. We had a ok nights sleep but we won't be back

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank hatedindia08
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I had iPhone 4, iPhone charger, blackberry charger, DSI XL, jewellery, Sony headphones stolen from mine and my daughters suitcase.

I was treated as a liar and i felt as if it was all being covered up. I was made to feel I was wrong to leave items in the room in the first place. I was told I had left the items on departure and they were found after my departure. I checked under beds, drawers etc when packing to make sure nothing had been left. The items were not in lost property or safe but they managed to find some of my items an hour later.

Police now investigating.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Woodlands10
Whitbread-77, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Please be assured that as a company we take our customer’s security very seriously. Once we receive more details from you regarding your booking, we will of course be further investigating into this matter directly with the hotel. Please email talktous@premierinn.com & we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you.

Kelly Latham
Social Media Executive
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night end of December to hit the lakeside sales.
Easy to find and approx 5 mins to lakeside by car.
Recently refurbed and it shows having stayed in other premier inns. Bathroom very clean, towels soft.Bed comfortable and bedding clean.
Check in swift and receptionists always smiling and friendly.
I do think premier inn really has their concept spot on. It does what it says on the tin, Tea and coffee in room, hair dryer , vending machine in reception and free view tv plus 30 mins free wifi.
This is next to a pub too though we didn't use it as headed to the waterfront at lakeside and saw a film at the vue cinema
Would definitely recommend and for the special offer of £29 it was an absolute steal!
Thank you premier inn for getting it right where the likes of travel lodge and holiday inns seem to fail so often.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went with my parents for a weekend shopping trip. We don't live too far away from Lakeside but thought we'd treat ourselves. I wanted to stay in a 4* or 5* as a real treat, but mom and dad (having done this for a number of years) insisted we stay here.

Upon arriving, there was a cue within the small reception area...and it took a while for all parties to go through the checking in process...at which point my husband and I mentioned that we should have stayed in the more expensive hotels as the checking in would have surely been quicker and the reception larger. However, when our turn came, the young man behind the reception desk smiled and apologised for the delay, which you often don't get in even the up market places and we immediately relaxed. He was so helpful and very efficient.

Our room was everything good old Lenny Henry promises on the TV. The bed was so comfortable, the facilities were just so. We normally go in the morning for our annual Christmas shop then drive the hour journey home the same day, but I now know why my parents like staying here and I will be looking for an excuse to return :-)))

The associates pub/restaurant across the car park was fab too...but that deserves a review of its own!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

As always I love to stay in a Premier Inn because they are principally the same where ever you go so you know your in for a great stay.
However there are differences and I was really impressed by the welcome I recieved by the lady on reception, after a 200 mile drive a welcoming beaming smile made me feel better.
Next door there is a fantistic pub again with walm and welcoming staff, and I was really impressed with the all you can eat curry night.
I'd happily stay again

Room Tip: If you need Internet connection you are advised to request a room close to recepetion ast the furthe...