“Theft from suitcase.”

Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Thurrock
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I had iPhone 4, iPhone charger, blackberry charger, DSI XL, jewellery, Sony headphones stolen from mine and my daughters suitcase.

I was treated as a liar and i felt as if it was all being covered up. I was made to feel I was wrong to leave items in the room in the first place. I was told I had left the items on departure and they were found after my departure. I checked under beds, drawers etc when packing to make sure nothing had been left. The items were not in lost property or safe but they managed to find some of my items an hour later.

Police now investigating.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Woodlands10
Whitbread-77, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Please be assured that as a company we take our customer’s security very seriously. Once we receive more details from you regarding your booking, we will of course be further investigating into this matter directly with the hotel. Please email talktous@premierinn.com & we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you.

Kelly Latham
Social Media Executive
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night end of December to hit the lakeside sales.
Easy to find and approx 5 mins to lakeside by car.
Recently refurbed and it shows having stayed in other premier inns. Bathroom very clean, towels soft.Bed comfortable and bedding clean.
Check in swift and receptionists always smiling and friendly.
I do think premier inn really has their concept spot on. It does what it says on the tin, Tea and coffee in room, hair dryer , vending machine in reception and free view tv plus 30 mins free wifi.
This is next to a pub too though we didn't use it as headed to the waterfront at lakeside and saw a film at the vue cinema
Would definitely recommend and for the special offer of £29 it was an absolute steal!
Thank you premier inn for getting it right where the likes of travel lodge and holiday inns seem to fail so often.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went with my parents for a weekend shopping trip. We don't live too far away from Lakeside but thought we'd treat ourselves. I wanted to stay in a 4* or 5* as a real treat, but mom and dad (having done this for a number of years) insisted we stay here.

Upon arriving, there was a cue within the small reception area...and it took a while for all parties to go through the checking in process...at which point my husband and I mentioned that we should have stayed in the more expensive hotels as the checking in would have surely been quicker and the reception larger. However, when our turn came, the young man behind the reception desk smiled and apologised for the delay, which you often don't get in even the up market places and we immediately relaxed. He was so helpful and very efficient.

Our room was everything good old Lenny Henry promises on the TV. The bed was so comfortable, the facilities were just so. We normally go in the morning for our annual Christmas shop then drive the hour journey home the same day, but I now know why my parents like staying here and I will be looking for an excuse to return :-)))

The associates pub/restaurant across the car park was fab too...but that deserves a review of its own!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

As always I love to stay in a Premier Inn because they are principally the same where ever you go so you know your in for a great stay.
However there are differences and I was really impressed by the welcome I recieved by the lady on reception, after a 200 mile drive a welcoming beaming smile made me feel better.
Next door there is a fantistic pub again with walm and welcoming staff, and I was really impressed with the all you can eat curry night.
I'd happily stay again

Room Tip: If you need Internet connection you are advised to request a room close to recepetion ast the furthe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here on the evening of 15th December 2012, due to the fact that I, my spouse and my eight year old step-daughter were attending a fiftieth birthday party locally.
Upon arrival there was nobody at the reception desk but once the buzzer was used someone was in attendance immediately, we were registered in a professional and courteous manner by the receptionist. He also attended to our need for more bathroom tissue as this was somewhat wanting, however he was glad to ensure that this was attended too and to ask if there was anything else he could do to make our stay more pleasant.

My only reservation was that at breakfast which I paid for nobody checked me in and I was allowed to enter and help myself, if I could do this anybody can which is of a slight concern as any Tom, Dick or Harry could do the same.

However that aside overall the stay was most pleasant, with no noise from either an external or internal sources and the cleanliness being "top class". What with the parking facilities and the professionalism of the receptionist as well as the attendant staff, our stay was an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm a huge fan of the Premier Inn brand having used them on numerous occasions without (yet) any real reason to fault them. This stay was no exception. The parking was free and plentiful, the welcome was warm and professional and the room up the high standard of space and cleanliness I've come to expect.
WiFi at £3.00 for 24 hours is a bargain (although free would be better) and I'm sure the ability to use 30 minutes for free will be useful to many people when they arrive late and just want to check email before turning in.
The only negative was the Brewers Fare next door. The place looked a bit grubby and the food was not of particularly good quality.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look out on flats where I picked up a very strong BT Fon signal, for those subscri...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a very good stay here, very clean and comfortable, and close to Lakeside shopping centre which is why we stayed there. Staff very helpful good facilities, safe car park low noise level from outside the only thing is you can here other guests walking about from the room above.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Thurrock
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
The Bell Inn Hotel
The Bell Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill

Been to Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel? Share your experiences!