“Great Karting for Kids”
Review of Lakeside Karting

Lakeside Karting
More attraction details
Owner description: 900 metres long... ten challenging corners... three full blast straights... two daunting hairpins... it all adds up to one of the fastest, most demanding kart circuits in the country. In a twin-engined Prokart, you'll be sitting an inch off the ground and hitting speeds of 60-70mph - definitely one of the most sensational experiences on four wheels
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I took a 12 and an 8 year old for two fifteen minutes sessions. The track is well set up and the staff were very helpful with the 8 year old as he needed a little coaching to get the hang of the steering and acceleration. They were also thoughtful enough to keep the kids' sessions separate from the adults who were at the track at the same time and who were roaring around at great speed. The kids had an excellent time and want to go back.

Steve W, Operations Director at Lakeside Karting, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2014

Hi Marcus

Just a quick note to say thanks for the great review. I always make sure these are passed on to the guys running the circuit and I know the feedback is much appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!

Ops. Director

in 12 reviews
"session"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed November 18, 2014

On November 8th 4 of us had booked a 15 minute pro kart session. When we arrived it was spitting with rain. By the time we'd been briefed and suited up the weather in all fairness had deteriorated and it was raining hard. Just as we were about to get in the karts it was decided the track was waterlogged and would be closed for the evening. I understand that Lakeside Karting cannot control the weather but they could manage it. Better drainage? It is an outdoor track after all so surely inclement weather should be taken into account. I have supported the team at Lakeside Karting for many years, ever since they had a small off road kart centre in Brentwood. It pains me to write this review but I thought it was pretty awful the way we were treated that evening.

3  Thank icoxwell1969
Steve W, Operations Director at Lakeside Karting, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2014

Dear ICoxwell,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your continued support over the years - it's very much appreciated.

I'm genuinely disappointed that we couldn't get you out at the time of your booking and, likewise, understand how disappointed you guys must have been. I can only apologise again and try to explain why this happens.

We've dug the circuit up twice to improve the drainage, at considerable hassle and expense. While this has certainly helped, there are times when the sheer volume of water is simply too much for the circuit to absorb and it becomes water logged (the land is particularly heavy with clay). Luckily, these times are few and far between.

There are certain areas where this excess water pools and the instructors on the day will do their very best to get these cleared. However, if it is still raining hard and not looking like stopping, sometimes the decision is made to call it off. But this really is a last resort option.

It is worth bearing in mind that at all times the priority is the safety of the drivers and also their enjoyment. If it's raining too hard, visibility is reduced to an extent that we believe is below the acceptable level. And while driving on a damp track is great fun, if there's too much water on circuit it's simply impossible to get any speed up and then lacks the excitement that karting is renowned.

As a long standing customer, I would like to offer you and your group the chance to come back and have a complimentary session on us. Hopefully, this will go some way to repairing the disappointment of the other evening.

If you would like to take me up on this, please just give me a call at the office 01708 863070 and I will be happy to get it sorted for you.

Many thanks

Reviewed November 6, 2014

Excellent track and good fast karts and the staff are really helpful and friendly would recommend this place to any one that wants a good fun day out.

Steve W, Operations Director at Lakeside Karting, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2014

Dear Manny

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with others. Most of all, it's good to hear that you found our team of staff to be 'really helpful and friendly' - we know how important this is to visitors. I'll be sure to pass this fantastic feedback onto them.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2014

Love my karting and this did not dissapoint superb loved it so perfect place to stay to be close to where we needed to be

Dear MarkRed5,

So glad to hear you had such a great time at our circuit - always good to hear!

Hope we see you again soon.

Many thanks