“Excellent track, friendly staff.”
Review of Lakeside Karting

Lakeside Karting
More attraction details
Owner description: 900 metres long... ten challenging corners... three full blast straights... two daunting hairpins... it all adds up to one of the fastest, most demanding kart circuits in the country. In a twin-engined Prokart, you'll be sitting an inch off the ground and hitting speeds of 60-70mph - definitely one of the most sensational experiences on four wheels
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent track, friendly staff.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I do quite a lot of karting throughout the Southeast, and Lakeside is one of my favourite tracks. It's smaller than many, but challenging and great fun.

The staff at Lakeside are friendly, and professional.

The karts seem well maintained, and are pretty powerful.

Highly recommended.

Visited February 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“happy to take your money not very good with customer service”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

okay, so i admit i am completely at fault with no being able to attend at the time i had booked, i payed via groupon and booked for a weekend in january, we limited money after the christmas period so decided on what activities we would do in advance and stay in a hotel locally (we live in brighton) , on the morning of the booking we got up early and set off to go unfortunately the car would not start, i rang the company (although i admit was short notice due to us only knowing the problem when we left), we told them we were waiting for someone to come out and would be there asap, unfortunately they had no available slots for groupon bookings that day which is understandable, however we were told they could not refund us or offer us a prebooked session for another time, however they could try and fit us in the future if we rang the same morning, i explained this was not possible as we travel and would have to plan if we came up. i was told there was nothing they could do, i have since email the company numerous times with no email back, i have also tried there facebook page recently and have been completely ignored, i find this terrible customer service and would recommend you AVOID this company unless 100% you can make the booking, as i am money down and the chance of me getting a refund looks next to none when they cannot even be bothered to reply to my emails. ( I put off writing a bad review and waited for nearly a month for them to contact me to sort it out, but decided its best for customers to know how they work)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Danielle S
Steve W, Operations Director at Lakeside Karting, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we listen to all feedback, good and bad, and, where appropriate, do what we can to improve the service we offer. Each and every week, we provide entertainment for many hundreds of satisfied customers. However, we are also aware that we can't keep all the people happy all the time, and, occasionally, we are going to encounter someone who is less than happy with the service they receive.

Reading your review, it appears that everything went fine up until the time you didn't get a response to your email. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. I can assure you that it is not our usual policy to ignore customer emails - quite the opposite. If you could please let me know to what email you sent it, I can take a look to see why it was not replied to. Unfortunately, we don't always have the time or the manpower to respond to all Facebook messages - there are times when we get a huge amount of comments.

As I am sure you are aware, we are very busy at weekends and have many customers pre-booked into specific time slots. We always stress over the phone how important it is to be in good time for your session; it is also very prominent on your booking confirmation that is sent via email. We make it very clear that 'should you be late for your event/miss your session/less people turn up' etc etc that you won't receive a refund or be offered a different session - we often turn away business/money, as we're fully booked. It looks to me that the girls on reception have been sympathetic to your situation and, in a bid to offer you something, they have said that they will take a short notice booking. I understand that with living in Brighton this may not be any good to you, but they have tried their best.

I totally sympathise that you are out of pocket. This is not at all what we want. We are in the business of providing exciting, fun-packed experiences for all ages, and want you to go away telling your friends what a great time you've had. Our business has grown predominantly through word of mouth recommendations, and we have many, many regular customers, who come back again and again. Having said that, much like when you purchase a flight or theatre ticket, if you miss it, then you miss it. I believe it a little unfair to give us a score of 1 out of 5, when the truth is, you didn't experience the karting, at no fault of our own.

I have to agree with your comment '...unless 100% you can make the booking'. We say the same to every customer 'once you pay and the booking is complete, that slot is guaranteed for you, and we can't offer a refund etc'. We do offer a 'turn up and drive' booking in system, and you take the chance that we have availability; if there's space, we'll happily get you booked in and put on the circuit.

As a gesture of goodwill, and an apology that your emails were not replied to, I will be happy to get you booked in again and hopefully change your mind about the service that we offer here (believe it or not, we've won awards for our high level of customer service!).

Please email me personally on steve@letsgoactive.co.uk and I will make the necessary arrangements.

Kind regards

Steve
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good fun”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I often visit this circuit and it remains one of my favourites to drive.
Price is a little steep, but if you get in the right event with some good drivers (and good weather!)
it is worth it.
Staff are friendly and helpful, race director (Simon) is very good indeed.
They lose the one star for the karts, they can be a little uneven at times, but if you get a good one you will know!
I shall be booking to go again later this month with several friends.

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

At first I was scared about going on the go karts! And I was a bit worried about how bad my driving would be in the karts. When the instructor told us what to do and how the different flags ect. We got onto the track and took the first lap slow so we got the hang of it. The staff did a good job in helping us out and were very friendly! For my first time it was great! Definently go there again!!!!

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
“Karting”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

i had a really good time with my younger brother and my parents, friends and family at Lakeside karting. It was very well organized and they staff were really helpful through out the session. We had a fun time going against public and people I know and would love to come again. At Lakeside karting there is always a bond with t e staff and customers and they give you the best time possible. Cant wait for next time !

Visited December 2013