“Had a better steak at home!”

Miller and Carter Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Essex
“Had a better steak at home!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We booked for our wedding anniversary and had high expectations ~ we were shown to a lovely table with a nice view over the Boardwalk and we were given champagne glasses and told that there was a nice surprise for us. Our waitress then came to our table and asked quite gruffly who had put those glasses there and when we told her we had been told to expect a surprise she said is it a special date or something? We explained it was our wedding anniversary and she said oh no one told me! We were then brought a bottle of Prosecco ~ We both thought this was a lovely thing for them to do. Our waitress told us that she had never ever worked at this branch before and she was normally based in Chelmsford. We ordered starters ~ Risotto for my Husband and Duck Rilette for myself. Both were lovely although my Husband thought his was very small even for a starter. My Husband then had a Porterhouse Steak and I had a Sirloin. We were brought the wrong dressings on both of our lettuce wedges and the waitress blamed the kitchen for sending them out wrong she then came back with the correct one for me but the wrong one again for my Husband. He couldnt be bothered to send it back a second time. So just left it. I ordered a large glass of Rioja with my main but had to ask again for it as I was half way through my steak and it still had not arrived. My steak was lovely, very tasty and cooked perfectly also the Jacket Potato was lovely too. My Husband said his steak was tasteless and tough. I think maybe because our waitress had never worked there before that maybe she was out of her comfort zone or something hence the mix ups and they did seem very under staffed that night. My Husband said he wouldnt go back again but I would be prepared to try again as my steak was so nice.

• Visited September 2012

Essex
“Really disappointing Birthday meal”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I arranged a birthday meal with 5 of my friends. We started off in a bar locally and moved on. We were 10 minutes late for table and the lady at the desk was awfully rude telling us we had completely missed our table. We went to the bar for a drink and were called quickly. We ordered a bottle of prosecco which the guy who opened spilt a bit but didn't offer any extra. Steaks were average, service very poor with unfriendly staff. I will not be returning

• Visited July 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steak”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We all know how we like our steak cooked and the guys at miller and carter lakeside also know. good food and a great place to socialise.

• Visited February 2012
essex
“Great meal great service”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had a really nice night with friends here. The house rose wine was very good. Food eccellent, we all had something different and the 3 of us were all very pleased with our meal. Service was very good very helpful and friendly.
Good table upstairs nice comfy chairs! A very relaxed atmosphere. Would come back again

1 Thank birdieEssex
Grays Essex.
“Meal with wife's parents.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went to Miller & Carter for a meal with my wife's visiting parents Saturday 25th August. We were a group of four adults and two children we Had to wait over 30 minutes before getting drinks and had to ask for children's menus. There was long waits after finally ordering courses. I can't fault the food, when it finally arrived it was very nice. We have been to M & C in the past, but this was during the week. I can only assume the Saturday night service is very stretched? and struggle to cope with a full house, as previously mentioned there was no problem with the quality of the food. This will not stop me from going to M & C in the future, I will just avoid going on a Saturday evening.

• Visited August 2012