“Avoid this place”

Ed's Easy Diner - Lakeside
Ranked #23 of 43 Restaurants in West Thurrock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex
“Avoid this place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We took our seats in a booth as directed and had 4 menus slung on the table.
My husband asked for 2 children's menus, and the reply was they are only for children aged 10 or under. Our twins are 10. After insisting on the menus the guy comments yeah right well they look a lot older. At this point I asked to speak to the manager, unfortunately this rude guy was the manager. I asked him what the issue was to which he said what you got the menus didn't you and walked away. We decided to take our custom elsewhere. I asked for the address of his head office he replied why, I informed him that I would be writing to complain the response I got was what was my problem I gave you the menus even though my children were clearly older , my reply was as their mum I'm aware of their age as I was there when born. He refused to give me their address.
Avoid this restaurant, rude manager, shockingly bad customer service from a "family" restaurant

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank EssexAllyBongo

London, United Kingdom
“Great fun breakfast”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We often start our weekend here. The food is fast, the service is goo and the waiter very friendly. This is not fine dining but fun tasty food at any time of the day.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tina D
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Milkshake Ever!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

It was a shame that they didn't do a proper American breakfast, the food was good, hotdogs are significantly bigger than burgers. The milkshake is very pricey but you get two and a bit smallish glasses full. I had coffee and butterscotch and am very seriously considering getting the machine to make my own. Very yummy indeed

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rainbow H
Lowestoft
“Ok”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

No seating in the restaurant so sat in food court.

Think the food was a little overpriced for what it was.

I had a pulled pork hot and it was so sweet it could have been a dessert.

My husband wanted a beer but wasn't allowed to have one as we were not eating in the restaurant.

Would go elsewhere next time.

West Thurrock, United Kingdom
“love those shakes”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

great decor and atmosphere. The music was good too. The waiter was very good with the small children we had with us. The shakes and floats are delish.

Visited November 2013