“First visit whilst shopping”

Ed's Easy Diner - Lakeside
Ranked #21 of 45 Restaurants in West Thurrock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our first visit to ED's Diner, we normally avoid burger-type eateries as my wife is not a fan of burgers. On this occasion our usual restaurant was closed so we tried Ed's. We found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and the menu had a good selection of burgers. I chose to upgrade my burger meal to include chips, onion rings, and coleslaw. all were delicious. My wife had a classic burger with a huge side of chips. We both remarked that the burgers were of a much better quality than other popular outlets we have visited, large drinks included refills if required and therefore good value. Luckily for me my wife is now happy to revisit Ed's Diner. Although we cannot comment on the childrens' menus, there were many families eating there, all seeming to be enjoying the experience.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Decided to treat family as Eds Diner looked quirky and like a diner visited overseas, what a let down. The drinks finally arrived with ice although requested without, meals slow and cold burnt chips looked like they hadn't changed the oil in a few months as covered in black bits. On calling the waitress was treated rather like a pariah and was given a fresh portion but no offer to change the other diners chips till asked. Overall it was overpriced dull food and will not eat there again

Reviewed December 3, 2013

A cool diner experience with quality food and American style service? No.

First of all, I was kept waiting unnecessarily to be seated when there was plenty of space. Then the food itself was pretty poor but passable except for the cheesy chips which I expected to be topped with a nice cheddar instead of drenched in the most disgusting cheese sauce I could imagine. It's making me ill just thinking about it. The burger was well cooked but far from a premium burger that you might get downstairs at GBK on The Boardwalk. The only saving grace was the excellent butterscotch milkshake which made at least two glass fills.

However, this is no value diner and there is no excuse for the food quality at such premium prices. Great concept but poorly executed; I'd rather go to McDonalds at the low end or GBK for a premium, but still good value, experience. I won't be returning to Ed's.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Never visited Ed's before but would do so again if our lunch at Lakeside is anything to go by. Friendly, efficient, speedy service, offering simple tasty food well presented and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I dined here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The burgers are brilliant and the milk shakes are to die for. We will definitely be dining here - or at another Ed's Diner very soon.