“Fab fab fab!”

Las Iguanas - Lakeside
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited on Sunday and had a lovely meal on the deck in the sun : )
Bonnie the waitress was great – I have very specific dietary requirements and she made sure that these were considered when my food was being cooked and certain changes were made to the meal to accommodate my intolerances.

I have visited this restaurant 4-5 times in the last 6 months and every time the food has been great and the experience thoroughly enjoyable. The staff are always very friendly and the service is great even when they are very busy nothing is ever too much trouble.
Added bonus is that the food is 50% off sun-thurs with a taste card and cocktails happy hour deals.

Have also visited here for a daytime and evening drink and the place is great for that too, daytimes are relaxed and nice vibe and in the evenings on the weekends its very busy and buzzy with great music .

Looking forward to our next visit!

1  Thank NatalieZoor
There are newer reviews for Las Iguanas - Lakeside

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Boardwalk at Lakeside has all the food chains to choose from and our son picked Las Iguanas because he had been to one before. We were so fortunate - the sun was blazing and we were able to sit outside on the deck for our meal, watching Essex go by! The service was a little slow but we all gave a big thumbs up to the front of house guy who was so friendly, helpful and giving the place a good atmosphere. The food was tasty and lots of different, interesting options to try without being expensive. Children are well catered for with some exciting, healthier food options compared to the standard nuggets & chips!

1  Thank aengusmum
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The food in here is always good. The nachos and steal fajitas are my favourite. Really good value for money and even better if you have a taste card. Always busy! Love it.

1  Thank x12laura12x
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner went there 11th May having read great reviews, it was packed but we did manage to get a table right next to the bar, as it was still happy hour we had a bogof cocktail which was lovely. Our table was sticky so the lovely waiter wiped it for us but it was still sticky lol, we said no more about it, we asked advice on what he recommended as new menu and went on his advice and had meatballs for starters, the sauce was oily and hot phew so we asked for bread to soak up some of the sauce, wasn't blown away by them waiter had said they were amazing, my main was disappointing had prawns in a satay type of sauce which was served in separate dish, it was accompanied by rice two black bean fritters n a dish with toasted coconut, the whole thing was odd really but sounded great on the menu, my partner liked his food, I love Mexican food its my favourite but that meal was not great apart from desert I enjoyed that. We would go again but this time I would choose something im more familiar with and have had before, but we both like to try different things that is what dining out is all about being adventurous snd this time for me it didn't work. Will give it another go hopefully it will be better else not be going back. The waiter was really nice and attentive could not fault him, the people behind the bar had sour faces did not smile once

1  Thank tinkertaylor771
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have eaten here a few times now and always a pleasure. The food is good and the cocktails are great. Always and nice, friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Shezza42