“A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I chose to eat here rather than one of the other two choices we had with Tesco Points vouchers.
We arrived with high expectations on a lovely sunny day.
We immediately noticed how unkempt was the box containing the condiments. It was unpleasant to look at.
We ordered a bottle of mineral water which was delivered opened with no top. We will never know whether it was tap water. Some improvement in service required here?
We both ordered risottos, one vegetarian and one frutti di mare.
We were both disappointed first, with the portion size which was 'mean' in the extreme and secondly with the flavours which were for all practical purposes 'bland'.'
If we had been asked 'How is your meal?' or 'Was everything alright?, we would have said, but we were not asked. Another area for improvement?
Having said the above, the place was full and the general waiter/waitress service very pleasant all round.
Would we return, even with vouchers?....definitely not.
This review was typed without seeing any other review about this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Strada - Lakeside

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Often visit with husband for a meal out, always enjoy the food but was a little disappointed on a recent visit to find my favourite dish had been removed from the menu, but loved what I ordered

Friendly staff, and lovely to be able to sit outside on a summers evening

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a boiling hot day and it felt all rather Mediterranean. The seats could do with some pads but as its outside and we don't usually get the weather I'll forgive them. The food was fab, tasty, well cooked and not badly priced. The staff were very obliging and I'm looking forward to my next visit. Don't forget to check for vouchers, we got £10 off the bill for downloading a code!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great food and the service was great. Went for a meal with family an friends and the food was wonderful. Steak was done well and all the food was served fast and very well presented. Will visit again when in lakeside fora meal.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a fine Friday afternoon with my mum and daughter during a girlie shopping trip. Ordered to lunch box special at 12.50pm which consists of pizza and salad. We received this after asking where I was at 1.35. In my opinion that is not acceptable with only another 20 people in the restaurant and 4 members of staff. No apology was given when I had to ask where our food was. Very poor