“Not quick”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a fine Friday afternoon with my mum and daughter during a girlie shopping trip. Ordered to lunch box special at 12.50pm which consists of pizza and salad. We received this after asking where I was at 1.35. In my opinion that is not acceptable with only another 20 people in the restaurant and 4 members of staff. No apology was given when I had to ask where our food was. Very poor

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Quite a varied menu including the classic Italian pizzas and pasta, but unusually, quite a varied non-classic menu section within starters, mains and sweets. The salads are good and the fish dishes seem very good flavour and quality. Overall, perhaps a 3 and a half rating, but certainly better than a number of other pretenders to the "authentic Italian" claim.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Second time here and ordered the same whole bream. Absolutely lovely as I love fish on the bone. The ambience is good and the staff are all smiley and very friendly.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Tried Strada last night and not terribly impressed. King Prawn starter was disappointing for my husband as the prawns were a little rubbery rather than the juicy charred ones found else where and the sauce was lacking. My starter of Fhungi Polenta was dull! The polenta was soggy and pale - no sign of any colour which polenta really needs, the mushroom was like soup from a tin and had no real substance or flavour. My main of Salmon wrapped in Palma on lentils which was recommended by our waiter was very very dry, looked and tasted like it had been left under the warmer too long. My husbands Sea Bass was very over cooked also. Was offered free coffee when I mentioned about the dish which we declined. On an up note, our waiter was charming and the restaurant was clean with a nice atmosphere. Glad I had some vouchers to half the value though as wouldn't have been pleased paying over £60 for what we were given. The lady that offered the pin machine needs to try smiling a little, she came across as very surly. Needless to say will not be going back.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I decided to opt for Strada rather than our usual Wagamama treat today and was so very disappointed with our choice. Having visited Stradas many times before, we felt we were in for a swish Italian lunchtime treat, but we were wrong. The starter of polenta with mushroom was ok but my husband's comment was that it tasted as if it could have come out of a tin! A previous appetiser favourite of stuffed sweet peppers has been lifted from the menu which is a shame. I opted for the fish stew "Tegamaccio" described as "A classic seafood stew from Puglia. King prawns, mussels, clams, squid and red mullet with fregola pasta in a tomato, white wine and herb sauce". When it arrived, it barely covered the bottom of the dish and I found one small piece of fregola pasta amongst 2 prawns, less than half a dozen mussels, ditto for clams and tiny fragments of the red mullet. For £14.50, this is a disgracefully small portion. I called over the waiter and returned it. My husband was halfway through his main, so I decided not to bother to wait and eat alone. The service had already been slow. Whilst the staff were apologetic, they did not offer me a coffee, dessert or indeed a glass of wine (a bottle of which we had already purchased at a slightly steep cost which we opted for only as Strada do not have house wines). I was extremely disappointed and will certainly not venture to Strada again. My husband and I eat out alot and are often asked for our recommendations amongst family, friends and work colleagues. I am afraid, we will not be adding Strada at Lakeside to our list. Far from it!