“Spoiled for choice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Giraffe - Lakeside

Giraffe - Lakeside
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Wallington, Surrey
“Spoiled for choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I haven't been to Lakeside for at least ten years so didn't really know where to go for lunch. I was actually on the way to another restaurant when I spotted Giraffe and armed with memories of a wonderful breakfast we had at the Spitalfields branch a few years ago we opted to eat here.
The restaurant is functional with a choice of tables or booth and the staff were pleasant and welcoming. If you like people watching then sit by the window that overlooks the escalator.
The menu had a great selection and I was really spoiled for choice, there were several things I wanted and a good selection of cocktails for my lovely wife. For the record she had a Berry Bellini to start, a Vanilla Sky with her meal and a Banoffee Martini for dessert and pronounced them all wonderful.
We shared their bruschetta platter and some onion rings to start. They were good but the onion rings weren't hot which was annoying as I watched them sit on the counter for five minutes.
I had the barbecue quesadilla for my main course with some sweet potato fries on the side and it was excellent. It came with a mayonnaise free coleslaw and spicy salsa. My wife had the Croque Giraffe which was okay.
For my dessert I had the lemon sundae which was just enough.
Bill with drinks came to £65 and was money well spent.

essex england
“first time here and definately not our last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went for a quick bite to eat during half term holidays. Kids meal was great and my kids cleared their plates. adults all had the burger and fries....again all our plates were cleared. Did not have to wait for our food for long and the service was fantastic.
Only down side was the kids deserts one small scoop of icecream and a flake cost a fortune...giraffe should either drop the price or increase the amount of icecream.
will go there again to eat but will be getting the kids icecream elsewhere

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“X2 families eating at thr Giraffe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Service ok although had to wait a while for food (for×2 mummies and 5 boys). Kids meal deal of a fiver not bad but pizza dry. My main ok although a little cold but was starving by this point Had to write as boys ordered Sundaes which were one VERY SMALL scoop and a flake. My boys face said it all. All moaned still hungry which i fidnt expect as the bill was 77 quid.Soon as we got out they said next time mum puzza hut or the Toby...and do you know what I agree!!!!

“Very Good Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

A quick after cinema meal was greeted with a wide ranging menu covering the normal staple fast food items but a really good range of unusual and different items. On top of that we were offered 20% off on production of the cinema tickets! Portions were not overly large but more than happy with them. Quality was good as well!

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have eaten here before but very disappointed on this occasion. Small portions and cold fries.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

See above...sums it up
But was daughters choice for her birthday and even though told waiter did not make any effort with her (she was 6) and merely gave her a free ice cream which was extremely disappointing... One small
Blob of vanilla ice cream :-(

• Visited April 2013