“Perfect stop after shopping”
Review of wagamama lakeside

wagamama lakeside
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Great food and quick service bubbly atmosphear really pleasant and perfect after shopping. First class for under 30 quid a couple......

Reviewed January 1, 2014

What you I say, just love it here.
Good service, scrum my food and the staff are lovely. Kitchen is behind open glass so you can watch your food being cooked.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

nice menu and very cosy. I think it's a great place after a shopping trip or simply take friends, date or girfriend.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Staff is exceptionally friendly, fast service and very tasty. If I have to recommend any within the boardwalk this would be my first choice of all. Good value for money.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went here to celebrate my daughter's second birthday with a meal, as she already loves Asian cuisine ("noodle!" is one of her first words), and wasn't disappointed; we'd booked ahead for a table at 12pm on a Tuesday weekday, quite near Christmas and expected to wait, but where shown instantly to a table by a great server who immediately offered us a high-chair and paid a lot of attention to my daughter, interacting with her, and making sure she had some crayons and colouring paper, plus plenty of Wagamama stickers.

The place wasn't overly busy, but not so quiet as to be "dead", and it was great to be regularly checked on by our server, who took first our drinks orders, then our food orders, both of which were brought out promptly.

My daughter's meal was brought out first (we didn't request this, but would have done if we'd thought of it), which was a nice touch, meaning I could feed her without letting my own food go cold... and talking of temperature, her dinner was pleasantly warm and edible straight away, rather than being scalding hot like at some places I could mention. It was a very good portion-size too (see picture) and well in excess of what she'd be able to eat.

Our own food soon followed and my Mandarin and Chicken salad was very good and fine for me, with plenty of oil-based dressing covering all the leaves, although it may be too oily for some people. It also could have done with just a bit more mandarin too, but that's just a very minor point.

The wife's soup noodle bowl was also very good and deliciously hot and spicy, with my daughter's noodles, sweetcorn, and chicken strips being of very good quality and it all went down a treat with her... in fact, it's the most I've seen her eat in a sitting in a while, it was obviously that good. ;-)

Again, can't praise the server enough, as he made sure we were sorted for anything we needed several times, each time taking a few moments to play with my daughter, exchanging "high fives" with her and the like. All very much appreciated and a change from some of the surly staff you have to suffer when eating out at some places. He even opened up some locked sliding doors at the entrance to make it easier for us to get the baby buggy out, and gave my daughter a handful of training chopsticks on her way out.

Very happy to recommend this branch, and Wagamama as a whole from my experiences.

1  Thank JamesUKChelmsford