“Utilitarian dinning at surprisingly high prices! ”
Review of wagamama lakeside

wagamama lakeside
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Wagamama is a strange establishment, it's design, ambiance and menu suggest utilitarian chic! However when you consider the actual cost of a bowl of noodles and meat, it's as about utilitarian as the Savoy Grill! That said the food is ok, the staff attentive and friendly, just don't think you're getting some kind of bargain.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

After shopping at lakeside wagamama was an ideal eating choice. The staff were brilliant and very helpful guiding us through the menu which is quite complicated. The food was good.we thought the spicy noodles were as good we expected and the wine choice was adequate.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been to a few Wagamama restaurants and this is definitely the best. As with most other branches there is always a buzz and the food is consistently good so I said it is not the best meal I have ever had as they each one is tasty .I enjoy my visits, the staff are superb here and I can guarantee to leave feeling better.

1  Thank 50Pauline
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited this food outlet as a change...and that we had !! Its a great idea this place but you are a number on a conveyor belt and only there to fuel the directors of the companies mega yachts...and nothing else. We ate the "food" which was salty and over priced. The waiters/waitress's loved to use the word " guys" in every sentence and took your plate from you as you took your last mouthful...so much so that I was still chewing when it was taken....I was even asked if I had finished the waiter who was taking my plate whilst I was still chewing...I replied" looks like I have !!" to which he looked confused. And what is it with the bottled water in there...they will not let you have an unopened bottle of still water......mmmmm I wonder why that is ???? !!!! This is simply an expensive takeaway shoved on a plate and you are stop watched to finish your food...your bill will even come up when you havnt finished.....if that's not hurrying you to get out I don't know what is. The staff ??? I asked one ..who spoke with an accent...." where are you from"....she replied in her eastern European Russian like voice and with an angry look on her face " Poland...is problem ?" ....we left...not to return .

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I like noodle bars generally so when we looked for lunch at lakeside decided to use wagamamas, what a mistake!! As we sat down we waited a while and was then asked about drinks, we ordered them and I asked for some crackers, I was looked at as though I was stupid, "crackers? What are you talking about?" So I said prawn crackers, I was laughed at and told no, sorry I thought this was a noodle bar. Our food arrived and we had ordered pad Thai and a vegetarian curry dish. Well apart from the curry sauce we could not taste the difference in the meals, both bland and tasteless!! I then paid by card, the waitress gave me the card machine in a rush and said something as she walked away about checking the amount, which I did, then went to enter my pin but the machine went haywire. When she came back I explained and she said " you were supposed to press enter before your pin, LIKE I TOLD YOU" in a sarcastic manner. Obviously I pressed the no gratuity button in front of her and will never go again!!