“Disappointed after 2 previous visits when I was impressed”
Review of Parsons Restaurant - CLOSED

Parsons Restaurant
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Showered with culinary awards, Parsons brings forward-thinking culinary skill to Essex. Awards for excellence in 2012 include Restaurant of the Year, Best Large Restaurant, and Best Newcomer Restaurant. Hosting a range of different rooms for pitching the perfect dining ambience, Parsons offers a flawless fine dining area, private dining dwellings, and a sensual summer terrace, which offers its own menu.
Brentwood
“Disappointed after 2 previous visits when I was impressed”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I arrived with my wife and adult daughter for a pre booked lunch.
The menu was a very limited fixed price lunch menu, I struggled to find a main course I wanted and enquired if there was a full A La Carte menu, there was not one .

I had already looked at wine list, lots of wines but no white Burgundy at a price I wanted to pay.

My daughter has coeliac disease, the waiter said he understood that meant no gluten, he enquired of the Chef what she could eat and was told just vegetables, we pointed out that in fact she could have any of the meats provided chef cooked plain, after another wait and confusion from waiter as to what chef had told him we decided to cut our losses and left.

It is a shame, I may try it again in an evening, but not for lunch

• Visited March 2013
parsons p, Public Relations Manager at Parsons Restaurant, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment as we do value your custom to Parsons Restaurant. We have sent you a Private Message and hope you will take up our offer.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best meals i have ever had!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and i were staying locally in the cheshunt area and decided to try out parsons restaurant. We phoned earlier in the week to make our reservation. As soon as we arrived we were aware it was quite busy in the restaurant so ordered our drinks... And then followed by ordering the starters. I had the risotto cake to start which i can honestly say was the best starter i have ever eaten in the UK. It Was amazing and so tasty! Absolutely beautiful. As it was quite busy, they served mini vegetable soups which was a nice idea and equally tasty. We had the sharer beef and it was to die for! The service was fantastic and it was overall a lovely dining experience. I would like to credit the chef for his absolute brilliance with his attention to detail with food and it was also good value. We cant wait to go back to parsons and for all who read and are wondering whether to go... I would highly recommend it and suggest you go as soon as you can, you will be extremely satisfied! Thank you so much for a lovely evening and we cant wait to return.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We decided to try out the new Parsons restaurant the week before Mothering Sunday as it was likely to be quieter.

What a great decision!

The ambiance of the restaurant was really nice with waiting staff that paid attention to you but were not on top of you all of the time.

The food was really good. We all thoroughly enjoyed the meal and felt it was excellent value for money.

Perhaps the only negative for us was reading the website it states there is a form of "dress code" which we stuck too. However, other diners turned up in old jeans and jumpers and in fact just generally scruffy.

• Visited March 2013
parsons p, Public Relations Manager at Parsons Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi Chris, Thank you for your review, its always great to hear back from our diners and we do appreciate your comment regarding the 'dress code' and have taken this onboard as we are a fine dining restaurant with a reputation to uphold. Thanks again.
Loughton, United Kingdom
“First Class Restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have dined at Parsons several times. The service, food and ambiance is first class. Well worth a visit you won't be disappointed

• Visited February 2013
Epping, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable Value for Top Quality Food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After visiting this restaurant for a pre Valentines lunch, we experienced a wonderful three course lunch.
The food was absolutely delicious, the flavours complemented each other perfectly and were cooked to a fantastic standard. What made our visit even more delightful was the value, £16.50 for a three course and by no way bulk standard meal!! My wife and I was so impressed that we booked for an evening meal and decided to take our inlaws with us.
Again we was not disappointed, the food was exceptional and being pleasantly surprised that we received a la carte food priced for £20 and that being three course and my main being a fillet steak!!!
We will definitely be returning and are so pleased we have found a restaurant of this standard.

• Visited February 2013