“Extremely helpful and friendly staff”

Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waltham Abbey
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during a school trip for my niece. It went above our expectation. It's a bit old hotel with ordinary decor but clean and neat, the staff made it feel like home. They were extremely helpful and friendly. I strongly recommend this hotel for a stay in Waltham abbey.

• Stayed: March 2014
Thank dr.amal

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Marriott Waltham Abbey is handily sitauated just off the M25.

Good sized, extremely clean and comfy bedrooms. Good quality, reasosnable priced food.

As per other Marriotts wi-fi is chargable if used in your bedroom, but free in the public areas.

Friendly staff.

Have to leave a £50 retainer against your credit card on arrival - this seemed unnecessary

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I had a two day sales conference here and felt the hotel was nice, rooms were spacious and we had breakfast, lunch & dinner here and I found the food to be of good quality and hot.
Staff were polite and attentive and the parking was also good here. The issues I have read on here regarding the parking fines are just ridiculous... All you do is enter your reg number at reception and that's it... The reception staff did check as well to see if I had done this!
The conference rooms and facilities were large, clean and modern.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stay in Waltham abbey at least 2 nights a week in either the premier inn or the Marriott. I have issue with the price not matching the quality. Leaking urinal in lobby toilet been leaking for 2 weeks!! Food is a bit of a disappointment for the cost, they never seem to get my bill right and the hotel policy to leave a £50 retainer for each night you stay leaves me feeling robbed. Safe your money and the upset and go to Premier Inn or any where else. Sorry Marriott must try harder.

• Stayed: March 2014
s_clifford_banks, Manager at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Hooplaharris,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to read that you feel that the price we charge does not represent good value for money.

I have discussed the issue of the urinal with my Chief Engineer who has adjusted the internal pipework to allow quicker drainage. The issue was not in fact a leak, but rather a blockage caused by tissues being left urinal causing it to overflow. This however should have been picked up by our housekeeping team much sooner. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have cased you.

I note also your comments regarding our quality and value of food. Whilst it is disappointing to read your comments I am pleased to be able to let you know that this week we have changed our Restaurant, Bar and Room Service menus. I am certain you will notice a difference on your next visit with us.

I am sorry also that you are not happy with our policy of taking a £50 deposit on your credit or debit card at check in. This is a policy that allows our guests to use all the hotel services without the need to pay at each outlet (For example the Bar and Restaurant which are closed to non residents and no longer accept cash after 11pm). I am sorry if this is inconvenient for you, if you would like to discuss this in more detail, or discuss alternative solutions please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly.

Kind regards,

Seth

, Restaurant, . Without this deposit and allows for a more convenient

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

For a large chain this hotel is a good example of value for money with high standards for the rating and the market it is aimed at. Had read a couple of disappointing reviews on Trip Advisor but we found no evidence to support them during our visit. We were in the area for a particular reason and based our stay, purely on the location of the hotel. The hotel was very busy with outside events as well as valentines weekend but nevertheless the staff were always friendly, helpful, efficient and the service and food a far higher standard (in fact a very high standard) than expected and all surprisingly good value. Room as fine, very clean and well maintained. This is hard to do with the volume of visitors they cater to and often unusual with many chains, but they achieved it and in all the public areas as well. Compared with a similar chain of the same rating, that we (often have to stay with, again due to location not choice) this hotel leaves them standing. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Recently stayed at the Marriott in waltham Abbey the room was lovely and clean. We also had dinner in the restaurant which was cooked to perfection and teh staff were friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend this hotel was a night away.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Good standard Marriott. Comfortable bed, easy access to M25 but quiet. Best thing is the breakfast buffet and the chef making omelets which were excellent. Great service at a reasonable price for London area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
#1 of 2 in Cheshunt
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
De Vere Theobalds Estate

Been to Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!