1,034 results
All reviews afternoon tea my mum lovely afternoon christmas decorations visited greenwoods steam room three course meal full body massage birthday treat mini facial lounge area wedding venue changing rooms overnight stay juice bar relaxation room therapist
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overnight stay. Hotel is beautiful and the grounds and the views are great. Bedroom decorated in grey & silver and crystal touches all lovely. Lunch and dinner nice, the waitresses always on hand to help with anything you need. Bar staff all friendly. Our 50 min massages all good, nice swim afterwards and a relax by the pool. And thanks for my birthday cake plate with a chocolate slice and cupcake after our dinner in the lounge!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
clairek1307, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear WendyN
First I would like to wish you a Happy Birthday and to say how thrilled we are that you chose to spend your birthday celebration at Greenwoods. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspects of your visit and that my staff looked after you. I look forward to seeing you again should you decide to come and visit us in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There’s no doubt that Greenwoods is a lovely venue - country house with all the features. Afternoon tea is served in the lounge and we had a table for two. Comfortable armchairs with a view into the garden. However I was a bit underwhelmed with the tea.

Served very nicely but the sandwiches were nothing special and there was far more bread then filling - ham, smoked salmon and egg mayonnaise! Warm scones with clotted cream and jam. Cakes very fresh but again very nice but nothing exciting! Good service and plenty of tea/coffee.

We were also put off by the guests from the wedding party in the garden constantly walking through the lounge to get to the bar, cloakrooms etc and it was rather like sitting in a train station.

Overall quite a nice afternoon but I would say if you go to Greenwoods for afternoon tea pick a day when there is not a wedding in the garden and although the tea will be nice it won’t be exciting.

Would I recommend it probably not would I go again probably not.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
clairek1307, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 518rosemary
Thank you for taking the time to review our afternoon tea. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our venue And that the staff looked after you as It is our aim to give each and every guest a memorable experience. Our afternoon tea is very popular and the menu includes the traditional sandwich selection , scones with cream and jam and a selection of cakes which are varied on a regular basis. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy every aspect of your visit however I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit and hope that one day you may decide to return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I attended here on behalf of my Firm for a marketing event. From what I could see of my surroundings, the place is beautiful. It is serene and picturesque. I would love to stay here at some stage on a personal trip and not just business. There is a beautiful pond on your way from the car park to reception which just adds to the tranquility.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
clairek1307, Guest Relations Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Carol R
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Greenwoods and we would be pleased to see you should you return in future.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Arrived at restaurant at 7-00pm no one around 7-10 bar man took us to a table. Drink order taken at 7-20. Had to ask for a menu at 7-30pm. Good arrived at 8-00pm. Quality of the food was very good and tasty. Waited did not like us commenting 're th e time it took to serve us. He did take 10% off the bill and no charge for the drinks. However we will not return due to poor service. We were the only people in the restaurant!

Room tip: Avoid the restaurant

Dear ianhb30
It is unusual for us to have complaints with regard to the service in our restaurant. This is certainly not what I would expect from my team and I would like to apologise for your wait. I have spoken to the DM in charge on the evening and he has explained that he was attending to a function in another room and had left a fairly new member of the team in the lounge area, I have expressed this was possibly not the right decision and he has asked me to apologise to you. I am glad that he looked after you during the rest of your evening and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful area with vast open space and scenery, with beautiful gardens to explore. It is definitely set up for wedding events, as there was one happening during our stay! Staff were attentive and our room was lovely! Only down side was our meal, I had the lamb which was lovely, but my boyfriend had steak which came with a surplus charge, which we were only too happy to pay, except the med/rare "fillet" steak was tough and chewy and barely edible, which was a huge disappointment to the stay!

1  Thank kassiestarkey
clairek1307, Guest Relations Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear kassiestarkey,

Thank you for your review we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and surroundings. We are sorry to hear that although you enjoyed your lamb that you were not happy with your husband's steak. It is very unusual for us to get negative comments about our meat products and we have discussed your issue with the owner today and he would like to offer you a free lunch. Would you please contact the Manager Nicki Baseley on 01277 829990 to make your booking and we look forward to welcoming you again.