“Our favourite restaurant in Southend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tara Thai

Tara Thai
Ranked #138 of 644 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Our favourite restaurant in Southend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My brother and I first went to Tara Thai over a year ago having purchased a deal on groupon and we haven't looked back! Everytime we eat we have a brilliant meal. Lovely staff who are always welcoming and the food is the best Thai either of us have ever have and we love it! We have been back many times and I most recently enjoyed a lovely birthday celebration there. We would highly recommend it! Oh... and make sure you try the pancakes for dessert!

• Visited January 2013

London
“Good food,good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant recently and would say that the food was very acceptable without being exceptional.The service was to a very good level and the ambience good.
Bearing in mind how many restaurants there are in this area it is not so easy to find a good one but I will definitely go back to this one although pricewise it was a bit toppy for a local Thai.
112 pounds for 4 with just one bottle of wine and no dessert.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Such a friendly atmosphere with lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Spent yesterday evening at the Tara Thai and experienced beautiful food with some of the most
attentive pleasant staff that we have ever found in a restaurant.
Thank you Peggy for making the evening so special for my daughter and future son-in-law.
The menu has a great choice. I am not a lover of hot spicy food like everyone else in our group, but I'm sure anyone as I did, would find something that they would enjoy.
The price range is very reasonable so even if it's not a special occasion and just a meal out it is affordable and well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff who will give you a culture/history lesson with every opportunity. The food was very good and the duck fillet was awesome!

essex. uk
“even the cheap lunch Is excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Popped in with my son for a quick set lunch on saturday whist visiting a shop in Hamlet Court Rd. Me and my wife have eaten dinner here before and it was great Thai food. The set lunch costs £7, 95 for a starter and main course, which are served together on the same plate.This is a great idea when you are in a bit of a hurry as there is no wait for the main course to arrive. The menu is a bit limited but i am sure there would be something for any Thai food lover. We were the only people in there which was a shame as it was such good value for money.