“Feeling hot hot hot”

Nando's - Southend
Ranked #245 of 681 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nando's Southend official Trip Advisor page - home of the legendary Portuguese flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken. Today, there are over 350 Nando's restaurants in the UK, but our story starts long before the first UK restaurants opened here in West London suburb of Ealing. It's a story of discovery, passion and ambition. It's an evolving story too, so while we always look back on where we've come from with pride, it's where we're going next that really gets us excited.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

A pleasant place to eat with good standard of food, nice atmosphere and happy friendly staff who are always willing to help you. Ok I think the price is a little over rated for the portion size but I suppose it depends what your having. The food is always ready quickly and at a high standard... Def recommend to others and is always nice for a birthday or something to celebrate!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A group of us - six in all - ate here before going to the cinema on Weds 3rd July, the food wasn't bad but I ordered a veggie burger without mayo which appeared on the receipt as a veggie burger with no mayo but when it arrived at our table it magically acquired lashings of mayo, did not complain at the time and send the burger back because we were rushing to see our film in just under an hour otherwise I would definitely have complained.
Also would have liked to see more variety on the menu and compared with meals we have had at Pizza Express or Bella Italia on our cinema evenings the prices are a bit high for what you get.

1  Thank thenumberthree
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The service and the friendliness is awesome good value food . And good healthy options . I love the chicken but most of all love not having to have chips

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to this eatery on several occasions and have always found it to be a clean and hospitable place to spen a couple of hours both alone and with a friend or two. The prices are very reasonable and the staff very friendly. On peak days of the weak you may have to wait for a table to become available but the wait is never very long. A good place to start a visit to the town of Southend on Sea.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went to Nandos for the first time the other day with my friends for a catch up and was quite frankly disappointed. People rant and rave about Nandos in general but I found the food to be nothing special taste-wise and it arrived at the table cold. Portion size was on the small side too considering I paid in the region of £10 for the meal.

The decor was nice but we found the table in the booth style seating to be at an uncomfortable height to eat from. The atmosphere was not far from a fast food restaurant with people coming and going to get drink refills and order food.

Overall the dining experience was quick and, the staff were polite but, it felt as though we were being rushed out of the restaurant. So I would not recommend Nandos for a social occasion, but instead for a quick bite to fill a hole then to move on and do something else.

1  Thank Orian22