“Accomodating. Great service. Great food!!”

Istanbul Turkish BBQ Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #10 of 779 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Arrived very late and expected to be served onto a takeaway, but the staff immediately offered to seat us. Quick service and food came out quickly. It was fresh and delicious. Attentive staff kept checking if we were okay or wanted anything else. As we left we found out the restaurant had actually closed 30 minutes before but they stayed open so they wouldn't disturb us talking! Would definitely go back. A*** experience :)

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from our meal to celebrate an 18th birthday. From the moment I made the booking the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. They decorated with a mixture of bits I brought and they had so it looked great. Food was amazing and everyone enjoyed the feast, we had the set menu and even took doggie bags away with us as we had so much delicious food. Would def visit again with a large group, thank you to all the staff that made our special occasion a success.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Love this place! This is my go to place when I come to southend! Great service and quality food, highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

We have visited this restaurants for lunch, food was so fresh and tasty, as a starter we had cold meza, very big portions perfect to share, staff very friendly, lovely people! Recommended!

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

One of the few halal options at southend lakeside hence as lovers of Turkish food we wanted to give this place a try.

We placed and order of mixed grill and 4-5 mezze, although I picked my mezze, I was given one mezze twice and the waitress didn't seem happy when I pointed this out - I could see she communicated this to the 2 chefs and they spoke in their language.

I was then served with chili sauce which seemed as if it was picked up from another table and put onto ours, it was already used (picture attached) I then pointed this out to the same lady who without any response while picking this up from our table started once again talking to the chef in her own language - we were sitting very close to the chef cooking.

The mix grill was small and didn't seem enough or justified for £40, meat was almost black and didn't seem appealing at all. We ate the chicken sheesh and left the meat on the table on departure...

I surely am not returning there again.

Date of visit: April 2018