Ilfracombe House Hotel
  • Beachfront
The Welbeck Hotel(Westcliff-on-Sea)
Southend Guest House(Westcliff-on-Sea)
View Hotel
All reviewscar parktv and dvd playerbit datedlovely little hotelfour poster bedsky sportstrouser presshalf pricehome from homereally nice place to staymini fridgehash brownsthe ground floorbuffet breakfastrooms are comfortabletea making facilitiesfriendly hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my family stayed there for a week in one of their apartments,the beds were broken, blinds kept coming off in the lounge, no constant hot water so showering was impossible, so had to have Luke warm baths, previous guests rubbish was still evident so not cleaned properly, though one thing I can say in their favor is that breakfast was nice

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank psalia68
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great stay good friends, good nights sleep, great breakfast booked up already for our Christmas break! these people are hard working and i sometimes wonder why they get only a one star on trip advisor we have stayed there 10 years and will continue staying there good health to all keep up the good work see you at Christmas Bertie and family, glad elsa had a good flight and all went well with her holiday! one guess who wrote this bertie room 6!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leolion123
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I telephoned and asked regarding access as I have limited ability for walking and everything was given in detail to me. When I arrived it was absolutely correct,stairs etc. The lounge and bar are spacious with ample seating. My grandson had a lovely bath with plenty of bubbles. The room was clean and had been done thoroughly. They are spacious and have good thick walls, we stayed in room 9 and it had a good aspect to the front with a very good sized tv. You are most certainly not falling over each other in that one.At breakfast the servery was again faultless, there was more than enough for everyone, help yourself all round, the staff are about should you wish assistance but leave you to choose the hot buffet. The tea and coffee was excellent. It was a lovely experience. Please also be aware that they are the only hotel to offer a fantastic deal for the Adventure Park they sell the £25 tickets at half price not making any prfit just passing it on to the customer. For a family this is a mega deal.I am most certainly going back to this hotel.The hotel has travellers stopping yearly here from all over the world...This must be an accolade.

Room Tip: Ask Bertie for what your own personal requirements are and he will do his best
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mildenhall2
Reviewed August 23, 2013

After walking in to the small property and the unpleasant smell greeting us we was allowed to go up to our room. After taking our luggage up the small narrow stair ways, we was greeted to a room which was not pleasant. The double room we asked for, also had a single bed on the other side of the room, making the room look small and cluttered. There was a deodorant can lid on the floor as well as a wrapper, showing the room hadn't been previously cleaned properly. Hairs in the bath and wrapped round one of the toiletries in the bathroom and stains all over the bed covers and scattered pillows. Tea cups were stained also.
Breakfast was naff and looked unpleasant also. The entire place was not clean nor nice. The place should certainly not be classing itself as a hotel, as in my view it was a very run-down b&b which was also over priced.
Overall me and my partner did not enjoy our stay and will definitely not be returning or recommending it to anyone that would be considering staying there.

Room Tip: Pick a larger chain of hotels for a nicer stay in southend.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paige H
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed one night, August 17, 2013. Probably have given the hotel a pretty good review but for the fact there was no hot water for a shower on Sunday morning (stone cold - not even tepid) - pretty unforgivable. Skipped breakfast to borrow my daughter's shower in her new flat (reason for stay). I will need an overnight stay in Southend reasonably often over the next 2 years but it won't be at the Ilfracombe House.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family