“Burger of my dreams!!”

Ranked #16 of 663 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family run BBQ smokehouse and cocktail bar. Our catering revolves around the true food-lover! We serve seriously tasty food made with the best locally sourced produce.
Southend on sea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burger of my dreams!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Well heard from my neighbour that this comes highly recommended so I thought I would give it a go. I'm both glad and not so glad (not for bad reasons) that I decided to give it a go, firstly I have never enjoyed a burger as much as I did here (the pulled pork topped burger was to die for!!) secondly the bad thing is I have been dreaming of this burger !! Every meal I've had since hasn't even been close. Quite honestly if lived nearer I'd probably be visiting every day. My husband said that for my birthday he would take me in for lunch... Well on walking in and finding it to be full and the realisation that my husband hadn't booked like I had suggested, I threw a full blown stamping feet hissy fit, followed by a pretty awful silent treatment nando's afterwards.. So word of advice... You need to book to avoid disappointment!! Shall definitely be going again, and hopefully soon. Places like this deserve to do well.

essex
“Fantastic birthday lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Second visit to Mange Tout and another delicious lunch! Visited with three of my friends for my birthday lunch, all agreed it was a very good choice. The burgers served are the best, but huge not easy to eat! However we managed. I had the liver and bacon with mash and onion gravy, absolutely delicious and filling, my other friend had the chicken wings with chips and coleslaw another huge portion!
Two of us were greedy and had dessert, a ginger sponge pudding with ice cream and a most delicious white choc and Oreo cheesecake to die for brought out to me embarrassingly with lit candles and a chorus of happy birthday !
A lovely birthday lunch had by us all very attentive service from the owner, can't wait to try the evening meal very soon xx

• Visited March 2013
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Food was fantastic, service was average. We waited about 15 mins before we were asked what we would like. I had the veggie burger, which was probably the best I've ever had. My friend had the Manwich, he failed to eat it all but he thought it tasted great.

• Visited March 2013
“Mangetastic”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked at short notice having never eaten there in the evening before. We were not disappointed. The bistro fillet steak does truly melt in the mouth and the burger has to be one of the best I have eaten. We decided to share a dessert, chocolate pudding with maple and walnut ice cream , that ice cream is very special and tastes fab!

Southend
“First visit, not the last.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My daughter suggested Mangetout for lunch on my wife's birthday. Excellent food, decor, very friendly and helpful staff, good value for money, will definitely use again.

• Visited February 2013