Review Highlights
Brilliant Aquarium and not to expensive if pre book

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Simon P
Essex, United Kingdom
Been loads as times as my youngest loves

Reviewed September 30, 2018
mikeesturg
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom

All reviews shark tunnel star fish london aquarium feeding times annual pass gift shop sealife centre booked online staff were very friendly value for money little girl couple of hours member of staff sea front great value talks tanks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lots to see nice restraunt and area for kids but i spent 2 hrs in here looking reading and learning the types of habitat and fishes .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have visited a few times before but came back to see the new Meerkat enclosure. As always we found the staff happy and helpful, the new additions were great our little boy loved seeing the Meerkats, Monkeys and Tortoise. Thought it was good value and will definately return.

Jonathan H, Manager at Sea Life Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Afternoon Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on our trip advisor page, we really appreciate it! It’s great to hear that you’ve visited us a few times and that you will be coming to visit us again. It’s especially lovely to hear that your little boy enjoyed seeing our new ‘Wild!’ area with our meerkats and monkeys. I would also like to give my thanks for the kind words you had for our staff which I have passed on to the team.
It only remains for me to thank you once again for taking the time to post this lovely feedback, and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Sea Life Adventure, our 4 year old was so excited by the meerkats and monkeys, so well looked after, and cute to look at.
This is a great aquarium and a great experience as a family. Some stunning and unusual fishes, it’s a must see.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review on our trip advisor page, we really appreciate it! It’s fantastic to hear that your 4 year old enjoyed our exciting new ‘Wild!’ area with our meerkats and monkeys! Our team work very hard to ensure all of our animals are looked after to the highest possible standard; they will be delighted to hear your lovely comment about our animals. It’s also brilliant that you adults enjoyed seeing our wide array of fish on display too!

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Really lovely outing! Went with family and took my young son and he loved it. It’s been done up so nicely too. Great outdoors bit with different animals in and lots of interesting fish inside. Animals and fish all well cared for and friendly, polite staff.

Jonathan H, Manager at Sea Life Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this loevely review on our Trip Advisor page, we really appreciate it. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and particularly rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our new outside area, Sealife Adventure Wild. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our staff which I have passed on to both our team and senior mangement.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Can not believe never wrote a review as have been loads of times. The place is not massive but they pack quite a lot in. all the fish displays are nice, showing of the different types. ray pool is good and I like the small displays with the jelly fish.

They are starting to expand and they have otters, meerkats and massive tortoises and they are building a monkey area.

It you have young children then I would really recommend

Jonathan H, Manager at Sea Life Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Good afternoon Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review on Trip Advisor. We’re delighted that you enjoy visiting us here at Sealife Adventure and that you visit us so often. It’s lovely to hear you enjoy all of our aquatic displays, especially our wonderful Ray Bay.
As you said we are expanding, and I’m sure you’ll be back in October Half-Term when we hope our Crab Eating Macaque Enclosure will be finished!
Once again, thank you for posting such a lovely review, and I’m sure we’ll see you again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We took our 7 month old yesterday and she loved it. She spent a good 20 mins watching the penguins at feeding time and really liked looking at all the colourful fish. I thought all the tanks and displays looked very clean and well looked after. We booked online so got a discount which was great. The cafe was really fairly priced and had a good selection and the food was nice too. We drove from Dartford and although this is quite far we would definitely come back

Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review! It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your visit, especially our Penguin feeding, and enjoyed looking at our variety of animals. It’s also great to hear you took advantage of our online discount. It’s great that you stopped off at our Three Shells café and enjoyed your meal there too.
I would like to thank you once again for posting, and I’m sure we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Great fun and interesting.The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the furry animals are cute and fish are cool.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We ended up spending a night in Southend in August, and the weather was abysmal; fortunately we discovered that there was a sea life centre and thought it might be a good way to spend a few hours..
I was shocked at the entry price, costing just shy of £30 for both me and my partner. The aquarium was very small for its entry price..

I loved the layout and the interactive displays, but we’d honestly walked through in around 15 minutes so spun round and walked back through the way we came in a bid to get our moneys worth.. I wouldn’t have minded the experience if the price was a little more justified, but it was alright.

Didn’t completely hate it and it’s a good stop off for the family.

Jonathan H, Manager at Sea Life Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our Trip Advisor page.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, though I am surprised and saddened to hear that you did not feel that your visit represented good value for money. In designing the displays at Sealife Adventure, we have endeavoured to create a full range of exhibits to give the best possible experience for every guest. This includes animals ranging from our penguins and otters through fish and sharks to our reptiles and bugs. Recently we have opened ‘Sealife Adventure Wild’ which houses our new display of meerkats and giant Sulcata tortoises. In addition to the animals at Sealife Adventure we have a selection of talks and feeds, many of which have been specifically tailored for young children. Some of the highlights include our interactive Rockpool session and Crawl Wall talks where we bring out some of our bugs and possibly reptiles. Our all day wristband system allows our guests to return throughout the day to take advantage of all of the talks and feeding times which we have on offer. I would like to apologise for any disappointment you experienced, and on a future visit please do speak to any of our team who will be more than happy to advise and assist you in getting the fullest value for your visit.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review, and we do hope to hear you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan Humphrys

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Me and the wife deside to take are children to sea life centre.
Price wasn't to bad at all.
A lot bigger than when I was a child.
The children loved the sharks and the penguin feeding.
Staff was really nice and helpful with questions that the children asked.
Lovely day out great place for children.
Well done with the new build.
We will be coming again.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely feedback on our Trip Advisor page, we really appreciate it. It's fantastic to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit, and our feeding sessions, and I would particularly like to thank you for your kind words about our team at Sealife Adventure which I have passed on to our staff and Senior management team.

I would like to thank you once again for posting, and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

It was a lovely size for my toddler to enjoy, though it’s still good to see it expanding as I did feel it could do with being a bit bigger. Especially for the price! £14 for an adult I felt was pretty expensive for the current size of the place. Especially as you have to pay for parking on top of that. Would be nice if you could redeem at least an hour of the parking cost. £6.60 for 4 hours parking, then didn’t realise we’d be done in the Aquarium in just 45 mins; and that was taking our time with my toddler toddling around. So really it cost over £20; which is almost as much as Colchester Zoo, and that’s massive so fills a whole day. Would visit again to see the expansion finished, though will buy tickets in advance as it’s cheaper and know that less parking time is needed so it won’t be quite a dent in the purse.

Jonathan H, Manager at Sea Life Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Kate,
Thank you for taking the time for posting your review of Sealife Adventure on our Trip Advisor page! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Aquarium. Although I would like to apologies that you believed that you didn’t get enough value out of the price you paid. I am surprised and saddened to hear this as we have over 40 different displays and lots of talks and feeds throughout the day. With all day wristbands you’re able to come in and out the aquarium as many times as you wish. Unfortunately the Car Park just outside of Sealife Adventure is not actually owned by us but by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. So if you have any feedback on the parking please do mention it to them.
Our Expansion is meant to conclude in time for the October half term 2018. Within the expansion we will be introducing our 20 crab eating macaques, which are being rescued from a test lab in Italy. Finally if you do book online we do offer a discount to all our daily passes ranging from 20-25% off.
Thank you again for posting your review on our Trip Advisor page, and we hope to see you again soon!