““A lovely restaurant””

The LemonTree
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lemon Tree brings an authentic taste of Mediterranean cuisine to Southend on Sea. Located on Southchurch Road the restaurant adds a fresh and sophisticated feel to the neighbourhood.The executive chef Servet leads a team of well trained cooks from Turkey that are introducing their best to Southend audience. The speciality Mediterranean dishes such as: Kleftico Lamp Shoulder or Pan Fried Escalope of Veal are being prepared carefully using the best local ingredients and are highly priced by all our clients. Unique blends of Mediterranean spices, meat and fish create a wonderful taste impossible to ignore.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I enjoyed lunch here with my husband.
The food was fantastic. The chicken was really tasty .
We live locally and will be back soon

4  Thank boptk d

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Walked into the Resturant and initial service was great. Very attentive and personal. As the night went on I ended up being locked in the toilet as the lock broke, mussels on my plate that were not opened and the waiters stank of stale cigarettes where they have been out for a quick fag during services. Not nice when being asked if you want desert.

1  Thank Leeroyjones
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Venue and staff very good.
Menu uninteresting and food mediocre
They need something more exciting to keep me coming back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visited the Lemon Tree on Saturday the 8th December with my daughter and son in law, once again the food and service was excellent. The Restaurant was full but everything flowed smoothly the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was superb full of flavour and cooked to perfection, puddings were also very good. The Restaurant is clean and inviting, and the new terrace area at the back is a lovely addition to the restaurant.

4  Thank Beryl C
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I decided to go to a Mediterranean restaurant along today and had the most awful of experiences. I ordered to what seemed to be a mousakka but upon peeling the first layer of the dish I all I found was an aubergine swimming in a vat of oil. I was spooning the oil out of the dish and could fill a glass with the amount in that dish. The potatoes were fried and the skin was left on the carrot in some parts. Looking at how awful the presentation and how carelessly the vegetables were chopped I suddenly felt as if I were in a hospital and eating the food there. This would have probably been the scenario the next day if I had eaten the amount of fatty oil seeping from minced beef. I asked the waiter to take the dish back as it was not edible. The chef must have been embarassed as he came out looking rather concerned. One thing worth applauding is his courage or rather lack of decency to have served such an adbomination of a dish in the first place. So shameful.

On a more positive note I would like to add the quality of service from the waiter was excellent and the waiter definitely made the experience better than what the food was worth. Thank you for being so cooperative and understanding.

4  Thank hamstein