“A bit tired”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A bit tired”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I ate here recently it was very poor.
I think the food was from the local supermarket.
This pub is starting to look very tired.
The curtain linings are all ripped and it has no atmosphere.
It needs some new life and staff

3 Thank weareladies

• Polish first
London
“Wonderful place to have a mid week lunch. Would think it's very busy at the weekend!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We visited on a Monday (8th October) and booked for midday. Six of us at a lovely round table

Food was excellent - Pate, Steak, mushroom and ale pie, and apple crumble. The staff were friendly and helpful the service very good. WE arrived just before 12 and didn't leave until 3.30, but no one was hurrying us to leave. I can highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the Southend area. With drinks and coffee it worked out at around £28 per head. Excellent value

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I ate here with my husband on a Monday night. It was very busy and there was a lovely friendly atmosphere. The food was excellent. I had venison and my husband had a steak, they were both perfectly cooked and the sauces that came with them were delicious. I would recommend eating here you wont be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Essex
“Pleasant meal and good service”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We enjoyed our meal, outside on a sunny afternoon. The menu had a nice variety of choices. We would definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“A traditional pub at it's best”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Angel has a lovely warm and welcoming ambience as soon as you walk through the door with friendly staff.

The menu is very varied and the food lovely and fresh.

I had the pawns and crab claw to start with which, although not large, was very tasty. My husband had the paté with onion pickle. He enjoyed it but felt that the paté was a little bit on the watery side which was a bit of a shame.

For the mains I had the chicken thai noodles which, although the bowl didn't look very large, was extremely filling and the chicken was moist with enough of a kick to work against the delicious noodles.

My husband had the cromer crab salad which he thoroughly enjoyed although did feel that something with a bit of a kick would have bought a bit more depth to the salsa that came with it, but did still enjoy it.

Unfortunately I was too full for desert - which is a bit of a shame.

Although a couple of the dishes were not 100%, they weren't far off and we will definitely be returning in the future.

• Visited July 2012