“Absolutely perfect place to stay”

and 1 more site!
The Bay Guest House
Ranked #18 of 26 Southend-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a wonderful b&b very easy to book an once we arrived we we're greeted with a smile the room was lovely and spacious Very helpful owners always on hand if u needed anything full English breakfast was lovely would definetly reccomend staying here and I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Boltybo

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This guest house is on the main Eastern Esplanade so it is close to the sea but a 15-20 minute walk to the pier & arcades etc. Free public parking is possible at a car park nearby (reservation is not needed). I was warmly welcomed and shown to my room which was a small comfortable ground floor double room at the back of the guest house. The room was lovely - it had a garden view & the doors in the bedroom opened up onto the decking area which featured a small pond with table and chairs. It had all the basics - TV and tea and coffee making facilities.The bed linen was very clean and fresh, and the bed was very comfortable. WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and was good. There was a choice of cereal and cooked English breakfast was provided.

I was very happy to have found this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bubbles73uk
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were greeted with a smile when we arrived very late at night.

Our room was on the first floor, easy access with all of our luggage. It had a door to a beautiful little deck with a gold fish pond. This room is small but ideal for a short stay. Spotless with a very comfortable bed and lots of hot water in the shower. Coffee, tea and cookies in the room too.

It is right on the water with a short walk to the pier, Marina and center of town.

Our full English breakfast was delicious.

Many thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Contact the guest house directly if you have specific room requirements. There are a number to choo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cruisinlivin
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I have always enjoyed staying here and usually book a twin room well in advance. Unfortunately when we arrived all the rooms had been converted to doubles. We were given no prior notice of this. A fold out bed was placed in our room instead on request. Unfortunately my sister broke it during the night.

Other than that it was our usual great stay at the bay. Nice clean rooms, comfy beds, great service and a filling breakfast. It's a shame my sister an I can no longer stay here on our trips to Southend.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We would stay again. Lovely hosts, full English breakfast if required. Tea/coffee in room. We had a small double with a rear private garden with fish pond - very nice - and we would ask for that again. Bed was comfy. Quiet. Not far east of the Pier, right on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was very disappointed to be honest, I booked the hotel for 2 weeks and it was all agreed and booked.I got my job done a day early on the 1st week and the owner must of took offence because she phoned me on the thursday and told me she couldnt let me have the room the following week by voicemail.The room was a shared bathroom and no toilet or sink in my room.Very disappointing and would never of booked it
In the 1st place, I want be booking here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here for just one night. We were greeted by Brian who gave us a very friendly welcome. We stayed in the garden room, which was very comfortable.

It had patio doors to a small decked area, that had seating if you wanted to use it.

Breakfast was lovely and hot and we both enjoyed what we had.

It's about a 20 minute walk along the sea front to the town, but we enjoyed the walk and it meant we were away from the hassle and bustle of the bars and clubs in the town.

Parking outside the property which is free, which is a huge bonus.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple