“great day”
Review of Adventure Island

Adventure Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Island Fun Park is the U.K's No.1 FREE ADMISSION Fun Park. Situated on Southend-on-Sea's famous seafront we have over 40 fabulous rides and attractions including the outragous RAGE roller coaster. You don't pay to enter, you ride the rides with our great value all day ride bands.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a great day out,and the staff were the best I have ever come across at a theme park/funfair.Well done adventure island.Happy staff,happy customers I say.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

A really good fun day out that the kids love. They never get bored going here and enjoy all the different rides that they have. We have younger and older children and there is something for all of them. The food is also very good here.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We were there during a very dull April day and it was fabulous. There were no queues and the staff were amazing. I have never seen such a bunch of happy smiley people!

My children are 5 and 7 and I bought them green wristbands. The website does not make it very clear but you don't HAVE to buy a blue band if they are over 1.2metres. Both my boys are over this height but there are more than enough green rides to keep them thrilled and screaming for more. There's 4 rollercoaster type rides for a start, although they're not the upside down ones. They can ride on their own so I didn't have to buy a band which all helps keep the cost down. Buying the bands in advance from the website also helped.

We were there for the best part of four hours but could easily have stayed longer. We chose to eat in a little fish and chip place opposite adventure island which was amazing and some of the freshest fish I've eaten for a long time.

There were quite a few extra things my boys would have liked to do, such as the basketball to win a big teddy, hook a duck or the water shooters, but they had been warned in advance that they wouldn't be doing anything that cost extra so it wasn't too bad!

All in all a really great day out, topped with a trip to Rossis for the best ice cream ever. It is what it is though, a big seaside fun park. It can't compete with the likes if Thorpe Park etc but does its job very well.

We will be back soon!

1  Thank CrazyCatSmirnoff
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Buy a wristband and most rides are free according to what rides you want to do.food available mainly chips/burgers/hot dogs/ice cream etc..some rides the queues can be long.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

As a local to Southend we have seen many changes to Adventure island over the years, mostly good...The golden hind side of the pier at the park was originally a huge boating lake with trampolines and a mini stream train around it, so to have the whole of this area and the original peter pans side of the park together has doubled its size. My kids love coming here but it can be quite expensive. We normally try to get an evening special wristband for them to save a few pounds which with the savings usually pays for a burger and fries for the kids. Overall the rides are good (theres a couple of scary ones for the bigger adult kids like myself) and safety obviously is paramount however this park is a lot lot smaller than say Chessington or Thorpe Park. Definately worth visiting if your in Southend or surrounding areas or visiting Southend for the day but perhaps not worth travelling especially for when there are so many other bigger better "adventure parks" out there unless you going to make a full day of whats on in Southend.

1  Thank Conciousness