“Food was ok service was shocking!!”
Review of Bobby Jo's Diner

Bobby Jo's Diner
Ranked #138 of 665 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh daily locally sourced ingredients, Fresh home made meals. We cater for meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans. We can also cater for certain allergies, ask a member of staff for more information.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was ok service was shocking!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Have been going to bobby Joe's for years but I feel everytime the owners are away the staff don't seem to care!

Drink order was taken straight away when seated, 10-15 mins later food order was take still no sign of drinks! Staff standing around clearly playing a game at bar area on paper, chef sitting in restaurant very unsightly in dirty chef whites.
Drink finally came and 5 minutes later food was on the table. Wasn't even busy can I add only 2 other tables in.
Young boy was very friendly made sure everything was ok with food and if we needed anything else. But as for the young girl behind the bar area swearing very glad there was no young children in because I would of had to say something. It isn't what I want to be hearing when I'm trying to enjoy a nice meal out. It's a shame because when the owners are in the place is brilliant never had a problem but I am a little put off about going back anytime soon
Hopefully the owners can have a word with their staff about customer service and how customers come first. Before chatting and swearing!

1 Thank Kellymariediack

Rochford, United Kingdom
“Eat in, don't takeaway!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I first went to Bobby Jo's when it first opened and was hugely impressed by the quality of food and the amount they give you for the price. This carried on through the subsequent visits we made. The style, charm and atmosphere is second to none.

However, this review is concentrating on my most recent visit, testing their takeaway service, for which I was very disappointed. For a 10% discount off of the standard menu, you get to pick up your food in yellow polystyrene tubs and eat at home. Don't expect the same quality or quantity though. I ordered the enchiladas (4 with a crispy salad) but received 2 with no salad. My wife ordered the philly wrap (which you could have mistaken for a meal deal wrap from boots!) and received a small handful of curly fries and very fatty beef. Our friends received similar portion sizes and quality.

I was very disappointed as I have also spoken very highly of the diner and have always looked forward to going again.

I hope the restaurant service is still exemplary, as the takeaway is an extreme disappointment.

“True Americana”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This place appeals so massively to my love of all things fifties and vintage - the atmosphere makes me happy - the food isn't the best in the world but fits with the theme. Don't go here on a diet, the milkshakes rock

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Charlotte R
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Went to bobby Jo's for my partners birthday meal and was very impressed! Great food with very generous portions service was great too! Only one negative is that it does look very run down outside could do with a lick of paint.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lee J
Derby
“something different”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We didn't plan to eat here and just called in being attracted by the view through the windows. Luckily we got a table straight away, people arriving after us got turned away. The service is fab, it is reasonable priced, the atmosphere is great; we got that "Back to the future" feeling. The portions are very generous and tasty.
However, the kids got their chips and nuggets served in a little light weight basket layed out with baking paper. Our youngest struggled a bit preventing this basket from tipping over when picking the food with the fork. The bench next to the entrance must be very popular since the springs are on the blink, my husband kind of like sank deep down into the seat;-) Other than that it was a great experience and we will definitely go there again.

• Visited October 2013