“Great”
Review of The Mews

The Mews
Ranked #57 of 676 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Well what can I say? I went to The Mews for Sunday lunch, the food was great, everything I ordered was 'as advertised' and most defiantly lived up to any preconception I had prior to my dinning experience, the starters had been cooked perfectly, I think a starter at times can be a little bit of a disappointment as more focus goes into the main, but not here, no not at this place it was fantastic, my main was good but could have been a little better, but was most defiantly above average. My partner had the risotto and she said it was fantastic.

The front of house and general service was a little lazy a times and it with a slight delay in my order I couldn't help but think all our orders had been taken at once which caused a little congestion, this however did not effect the quality of my food.

All in all a great meal, if the service worked a little smarter would have been perfect.

There are newer reviews for The Mews

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I have tried all the roast dinners at local restaurants and pubs. This is without a doubt the best. The potatoes didn't taste reheated like they do everywhere else they were super crispy! Love the styling of the place and staff were very good and friendly. Excellent value too. Loved it. Will be back!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went for a xmas lunch, food was really good but glasses were filthy,crumbs on the table, mismatching tables put together so one side was lower than the other. Food on the floor and it wasn't busy.Staff were polite enough but had no atmosphere to the place. In no way did it seem like Christmas. disappointing.

1  Thank BajanBaby999
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely, cosy restaurant, which serves a good variety of posh pub grub. I have the rib eye steak, which was perfectly cooked.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Had a Lovelt Christmas meal here with a group of friends. The small restaurant area was packed and had a good atmosphere. The food was really good, and my only slight criticism was that the roast potatoes were still a little undercooked inside and the starter of pork belly was delicious but very small. Paid around £30 exc drinks but had a fab night. Nice place to eat for a treat!

1  Thank Thejetsetters2012