Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southend-on-Sea
Reviewed November 16, 2013

booked double sea view room which was clean and a good size, overlooked the sea, pier and adventure island. Reception staff were very pleasant. Pay movies didnt work.. breakfast in room 1 day and it was very good. One criticism apart from selection of eggs and the usual full english no variable alternative vegetarian breakfast e.g. veggie sausages, fish etc. Worked out quite expensive for out of season and parking opposite was extra a plus was directly opposite a shopping centre which was large and great big stores. If staying southend suggest you go into Leigh on Sea little further down coast couple of miles as loads of little some quirky shops. Large bed but it was 2 pushed together and quite hard,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Booked a sea view room with a queen size bed. I don't think the bed was even a double it was that small. We upgraded our room. The bed was two twins pushed together. The second room was very large and had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea / pier and adventure island. This was a very expensive stay especially when you have to add parking. The corridors were dirty and needed a good clean. Not as clean as premier inn. My advise, book the premier inn Thorpe Bay.

Room Tip: We were in room 314
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and had a great stay. Reception where friendly, helpful and welcoming. My room was an excellent size with a huge bed. It was clean and well maintained. The room had a large shower cubicle but no bath. I almost always only use the shower anyway so this was no problem for me. I required an iron and ironing board so called reception. Within a few minutes it was delivered to my room by a friendly member of staff. The breakfast was good though I have seen a wider selection at other hotels. All in all it was a pleasant stay and met all my needs at a good price. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

There is a world of difference between Radisson Southend and Radisson Blu Cardiff which is a quality hotel giving high class service. We stayed in Southend as the Southend Jazz Festival was being held in the hotel. Our room was a good size but sparsely furnished and without any draw space for our clothes. The bathroom was very small and not very clean. There were stains round the shower door and the surround and toiletries were not provided.
The reception staff were not selected for their charm etc, in fact we wondered if they actually wanted our business.
It had a run down air about the place with parts being sold off as flats and a for sale notice on the side wall. You would need a very good reason to stay there.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenMcA
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The first night with my friend, as it was the night before my wedding and then the second night with my husband.
We had booked the hotel through a deal that was on Groupon so for only £118 for two nights including breakfast and a glass of prosecco each it was a good deal. My sister had emailed the hotel, without me knowing, to explain the reason we were staying and to see if they could upgrade our room. When we arrived we had been upgraded to a room on the top floor of the hotel with amazing views as the room was on the corner we could see all around, our room was 527.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had been dropped off by a friend as we had a lot of luggage for the wedding next day so we had him to help us to our room but straight away a member of staff had asked us if we would like some help. The next day when I had my hairdresser, make up artist and family arriving at the hotel the staff again were all very helpful calling up to let me know they were there and helping my mum and sister bring all there stuff up to the room.
Breakfast was buffet and there was something for everyone. Again staff in the restaurant and bar area all very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again but probably won't have the need to as I only live locally but would recommend. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay an excellent added extra to our wedding day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iloveholidays89_13
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed at the Park inn Radisson Palace after a quick decision to go away for the weekend, thought it was slightly expensive at £140 a night however the large spacious room with amazing sea view and very filling all you can eat breakfast made it more than worth the money. Staff were very friendly and helpful as we were completely new to the area and helped recommend places to go. Free WiFi was also a nice bonus to the hotel. Breakfast in the morning was brilliant, a large fresh selection of patisseries, cereals, fruit and a full English. View of the sea in the morning while eating breakfast was great. Bathroom was spacious however there was no flannels in the bathroom and when we asked for one staff were completely baffled by what a flannel/face cloth was and suggested we use a hand towel. I've never been to a hotel that doesn't provide these haha!! Did not On the whole a lovely experience and would definately return if in the area again.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room worth the extra £20
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Norfolkbooty
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night and It was a very clean modern hotel with a brilliant location. It was quiet and the beds were big and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely, although I felt a bit rushed. It had a nice bar/restaurant area with a sea view. We would stay there again it was good value for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed on a Sunday night and the rooms at the front were quiet, but its a very busy, buzzing area...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple