“Delicious”

Roslin Beach Hotel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roslin Beach Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 676 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: By Bus, Number 9 to and from Southend-on-Sea runs along the seafront, passing our door. By Rail It is a short taxi ride to both Thorpe Bay Station and to Southend Victoria. To explore further afield, you can travel to London in just 45minutes from either station.
Description: The Restaurant at the Roslin Beach Hotel has become one of the premier dining establishments in Southend-on-Sea and the surrounding area. Invite your senses to socialise and dine, where the restaurant has been designed to create the perfect atmosphere for every occasion. The restaurant boasts panoramic views of the Thames Estuary, and offers ambiance and worldly flavors with a bespoke menu to delight every palette.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Excellent menu choice, delicious food, very well presented and very good service, although the prices are only very slightly higher than was expected, the meal was worth every penny. Good wine list and fantastic views of the beach/sea.

There are newer reviews for Roslin Beach Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We recently went to the Roslin for afternoon tea. We were not disappointed.
We had a lovely window table with a clear view of the seafront. The table was arranged very nicely with pretty, matching crockery. Two pots of tea were brought to the table ,along with two stands layered with sandwiches, scones and small cakes. The service was slightly slow at times but the staff were busy with other tables ,at all times the staff were very polite and helpful.
I would definitely recommend the afternoon tea and the Roslin. My mother told me she got quite choked up when she walked into the room as the table looked so nicely laid out.
Once again a lovely visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with light contemporary decor and a pleasant terrace overlooking the sea. Service is friendly and attentive. I first visited a year ago with a family party and absolutely loved the inventive menu and the quality of the food, so I couldn't wait for a repeat visit. I was a little disappointed straight away that on Sundays there is a limited menu with most of the more inventive dishes omitted. There was still a good choice but it was a more typical choice of Sunday roasts and fish, no steaks, no scallops for example. Our fish mousse starters were good but the whitebait didn't taste too fresh. The roast leg of lamb was perfectly tender and a nice cut of meat but it didn't taste of lamb at all, in fact it didn't taste of anything much, ditto the roast rib of beef. The selection of vegetables was ok but uninspiring. It is a shame I didn't review this restaurant last time I was here so my excellent rating of last time would have balanced the mediocre rating this time.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Having tried several times to boom an indulgence day and over nightstay was cut off at least 4 times. After eventually booking and gave my card details over the phone I then called to confirm and was told my place had been taken by another party. E mailed re my card details and never had reply back. Surely if they had my card number etc they should if contacted me before offering the place to another party. Very dissapointing service !!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My sister and I took our mum as part of her birthday treat, had rung prior to our visit to ask about sandwich selection as none of us eat egg, and was told you will be asked about sandwich fillings on arrival .
Was seated right next to the terraced door, where people were frequently coming in and out and was extremely chilly.
There was tea or coffee only (no tea selection) the selection of cakes and sandwiches arrived on the table which to our surprise included egg, and was not approached at all during our visit to ask whether everything was ok , and if we required anything else. We would have loved a glass of champagne ! The next time we saw anybody was when they came and cleared the table , and we mentioned that we had rung up about the sandwich selection, and was told reception do not communicate with us, but was asked if we wanted something else, but we had long finished and was asking for the bill. Had better afternoon tea in M & S