“terrible”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southend-on-Sea
Atlantis Guest House
Ranked #16 of 24 Southend-on-Sea B&B and Inns
debdengavin
“terrible”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

dont ever stay here it was discusting.room was filthy bedding was past its sell by date rude lady owner .i wanted to pay she was busy chatting and told me to wait,had a bad back for a week after because of the bed there were bed springs sticking in me.could not adjust the shower it was so hot you had to run in and out.no lights on at night in corridors good job there wasnt a fire you would not know the way out

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank steveiolas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lisburn Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A friend booked 3 rooms in this B&B for one Saturday night as we were over for a football trip in London. Not having seen any reviews (glad I didn;t before I went), it is only fair to report that we were more than happy with our experience at the Atlantis. A very late check in was accommodated by the Proprietor and we were allocated our rooms, two of which were 'next door'. The rooms are not modern by any means but importantly they were clean and comfortable. The shared bathroom was also spotless and the shower was more than adequate.
Next morning we had the pleasure of a full english breakfast and everything was perfect as the owner coped admirably in the kitchen.
Can't comment on value for money as I'm not sure on alternative accommodation but we were happy with our stay in the Atlantis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed one night as a so called reduction from £95 to £45. Don't be fooled by the good comment that were on the Trip Adviser stickers on the door. They are out of date and also do not relate to the place next door. I was going to arrive late and get an early flight for 7am. I was expecting a continental breakfast but only was offered a cereal. On the day that I had booked, I was told that my room was next door, on the top floor. I asked for an alarm but the response was to question whether I had an mobile! I was given a room number but there were 2 rooms on the top floor neither of which had a number and both rooms appeared to be empty. There was NO LOCK in either room. I am a woman so I spend the night with my case propped up against the door wondering whether someone would inadvertently come in. The sheets/pillows were of extremely poor quality, towels looked as thought they were 15 years old. It was a shared shower. TV did not work. The single bed was a fold up bed, the mattress was thin. Was told by the relative of the owner who appeared to be a nice woman that this was a very reasonable price for Southend on Sea. I rang the guest house asking if they found my credit card etc. and was told that any lost property would be put safely away and that the clearer would be in on the morning. I am still waiting for the call to say whether it was found or not. I will be reporting this place to the Tourist Board and suggest that if your experiences in the house next door should be reported as well. The only good thing was the lovely taxi man who took me to the airport!

Room Tip: Look at all previous reviews. If offered accommodation that it not on the premises be extra careful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank change76

Travelers are raving about these Southend-on-Sea hotels

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I really can't beleive these terrible reviews!! We had no choice but to stay here as all other B&B's in the area were full due the Olympics. Dreading our stay due to the other reviews. Really happy to say that our stay was perfectly fine. It's by no means the Ritz but was definately priced accordingly. Such friendly and helpful staff. Really lovely breakfast - cereal/toast/full English - nothing is too much trouble. The rooms leave a little to be desired but would not take too much to update. Furniture is old and dated but perfectly functional. Bedding and towels did not match but were perfectly clean. The location is brilliant - close, but not too close to the seafront. The kids went into the sea - one word of warning, if going on the beach, do not wear ur best cozzie/shorts as they will get ruined by the mud! Obviously this is nothing to do with Atlantis! All in all, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
frankfurt,germany
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I

I must admit i find it quite amazing after reading other comments about Atlantis, if you have any kind of intelligence and read between the lines like i you will get a true reflection to Atlantis and to any other accomadation.For what it is my stay lived up to what it is ! a guest house in the UK warm friendly and welcoming guest house and for what it costs very respectable and would suggest for anybody looking for the" Ritz" and such should put their hand in their pockets and pay ! and i am sure they will be treated to suit. i personally would recommend Atlantis and suggest " stay real".

Room Tip: ask prior to booking
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nosnevets4259
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here for one night, while 2 of us spent the day in town. Check in was quick and friendly, free parking around the back of the hotel was helpful because as soon as I pulled up outside a traffic warden walked over!

Booked a twin room which was basically just a double room with a single bed squashed in! Room was very old fashioned with mismatched and ancient looking furniture and decor. Towels were old and crusty.

Although staff were very friendly it did feel like we had just walked into somebodys front door of their house as there were shoes in the hallway and family items spread around. Couldn't really relax, luckily we were out all day and just slept there.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Fi_0491
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place is horrible.
The staff don't have any manners!
The breakfast toast are burned, and they only give one portion of breakfast to two people, when my parents clearly said to the reception lady upon arrival he wants a double room for a couple. I didn't know whether they mistakenly thought my parents only paid for one breakfast or were they being rude on purpose, but either way is unacceptable.
They kept yelling at my parents to leave, at the end it was chaos, and my mom was so angry.

This is my first time writing a review and I think I will write a review on all Altantis Guest House related webistes, my parents didn't receive an apology when they havent done anything wrong, I feel sorry for them. I feel shame for this hotel.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple