“The place to stay in Southend on Sea”
Review of Suenos Guest House

Suenos Guest House
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were in Southend this weekend for an event at Adventure Island & I was recommended the Suenos Guest House as a good place to stay. I called a couple of weeks before the event & Teresa was only too happy to accommodate my request for a double room. She told me there were a few parking spaces in front of the guest house & if I had any problems on arrival, I should call & she would direct me to the rear car park.

On arrival, we were met by Teresa & taken into the spacious open plan communal lounge & breakfast area. We were offered a complimentary drink whilst checking in, & told that there was an honesty bar if we wanted anything at anytime. This is a nice touch for a guest house.

We were then showed to our room & wow, it was a lovely spacious room with a balcony overlooking the sea. The bathroom was amazing, with a large free standing bath & a fabulous shower. The toiletries were of a very high standard (I was told by my wife that they use them in the first class section of the flights she travels on). Teresa said she uses things she would like to find if she were to stay in another guest house/ hotel.

The room has a TV as well as free WIFI internet. There is a safe, hair dryer & slippers, as well as luxurious dressing gowns & towels. There is a fridge with complimentary bottled water, milk & ground coffee. As well as the kettle, there is a cafetiere & also a selection of wonderful teas.
We were given the room keys Along with the front door key & told that there is no cut off time for getting in at night (like many other places have).

The following morning we went down for breakfast, where we met Neil (Teresa’s husband) for the first time. He was very welcoming & told us to choose were we would like to sit for breakfast. Teresa asked what we would like to drink & told us to help ourselves to any cereals. She said that everyone had come down to breakfast at the same time & as everything is cooked fresh, there may be a delay in cooking our breakfast. Well, if she calls that a delay, I would hate to see it not delayed, as our breakfast came quickly after we had finished cereal. My wife asked about Teresa’s homemade Granola & Teresa said she would print out the recipe for her. Some of our friends from the event arrived as we finished our breakfast & as they went out onto the terrace to wait for us, Neil asked if they wanted any drinks. These were supplied at no cost & Neil joined us for a chat. When checking out Teresa said she hadn’t been able to print the recipe, but would email it. On arriving home the email was already there.

I don’t normally give a 100% rating, but I can honestly say, I was totally happy with our stay & could not find anything not to a standard I would want, when staying away from home. In fact this is like a home from home & I will definitely stay at the Suenos again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan R

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My boyfriend booked an overnight stay at the Suenos as I was on a course in Southend for the weekend. I'm so pleased that he found this little hotel as it was absolutely perfect, and located right on the seafront. The room was decked out beautifully and was very impressed with the decor in the bathroom, there was even a roll top bath in the middle of the room at the bottom of the bed! Everything was immaculate and the furnishings very good quality. The breakfast was excellent including home made jams and granola, which was the best I've ever tasted.

In the evening we found a wonderful restaurant literally across the road on the beachfront called 'Hundreds' it was fish and Spanish tapas, the food was excellent would thoroughly recommend this place! Also there was another bar/restaurant across the road with beautiful views of the beach and sea.

There was an honesty bar back at the guest house where we had a nightcap sitting in the lounge area before we went to our room. The bed was also very comfortable.

There is a lovely deck area to the front of the hotel where you can sit with your coffee and watch Southend go by.

We had a really lovely stay and would highly recommend this little hotel to anyone staying and visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

stayed last friday wow lovley place to stay great Sea view smart tv in room great showers to which is hard to find when staying away. Breakfast was lovley with great home made banana muffins :-). An was made very welcome. Great location not to far walk to the adventure island. Would really find it hard to find a better place to stay in southend

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just arrived home from a two night stay at Suenos. This guest house is lovely. Decorated to a high standard with high standard fixtures including a beautiful bathroom. We was offered a complimentary drink upon our arrival. The sun terrace is just perfect to sit enjoy a drink and look at the sea. The shower in our room was amazing (I didn't want to get out)! Teresa was very welcoming. The breakfast was also amazing. Teresa even makes her own, jams, granola (which I took a recipe for) and compote. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Mendoza room was sooooo nice!
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everything was first class from the moment the smiling landlady welcomed us with a complimentary drink, through to the top quality breakfast just before we departed. The room was beautifully appointed and everything in it was top quality. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A late booking request and I'm glad we got in. Recently renovated to gorgeous standards. Teresa couldn't help enough with parking, directions, explanations about facilities etc whilst not encroaching on privacy. Our room was spacious and more than expected (huge bed and massive bathroom). Some very innovative ideas with the 'honesty' bar. The breakfast was superb and lasted me all day. Will definitely go back to Southend and stay at Suenos. What a gem of a place!!
Tim and Jess

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Absolutely first-class guesthouse. We felt like we were on holiday as soon as we stepped through the doors as we were offered a complimentary drink to get us in the holiday spirit. In fact, this worked so well I almost didn't want to go back out, as we sat on the terrace in the sun relaxing, glass in hand, even though fish and chips on the sea front were calling (recommend VL opposite the pier, on the sea-front level).

Beautifully furnished and well thought-out rooms - lovely crisp sheets, fluffiest robe every, wonderful rose ottoman oil for the separate roll-top bath - luxury!

A lovely breakfast was on offer, but what really makes this special is the warm welcome from the hosts. Thank you!