“Love this place”
Review of Bluebird Bakery

Bluebird Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Glendale
Description: Bluebird Bakery's made from scratch baked goods and cozy feel has been drawing people in since 1996. With a commitment to offering the best baked goods in the area, our signature cakes, pies, tortes, brownies & bars, cookies, scones and pastries are all baked with farm-fresh eggs, sweet butter, real cream and sugar, and garden-fresh fruit. Always raved about are Jenny's special recipe scones. No trip to Bluebird is complete without one! While blueberry cobbler, pumpkin and cream and cheese, and hot-cross spice scones are offered seasonally, we offer raspberry, strawberry, apricot, raisin, lemon-poppy seed, cranberry-orange and cream cheese year-round. We are the perfect choice to make every occasion special as we offer delicious treats for every holiday and gathering. Stop in today to try all of our delicious food!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been going to the bakery for years, you can't go wrong. The food and atmosphere are great, very homey feeling. Some of the other reviews on here are laughable. Yes there are "please place dishes in bins" on each table, not "pick up your dishes", yet I see people leave stuff on tables every time I'm there. And in the 10+ years I've been going there I have yet to witness this "rude service". I've gotten to know the employees and it seems most of the "BAD attitudes" come from difficult customers. Anyway, I love this place and highly recommend it to anyone traveling thru the area!

3  Thank 513Cincy
There are newer reviews for Bluebird Bakery

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I live in Glendale (just a half a block from the square) and will NEVER again step foot in Bluebird Bakery. Every single time I have gone to the bakery, I have been treated very poorly by the employees. I thought maybe it was just me, but other friends and family members who have gone have experienced the same rude attitudes. I don't care how good their food is or that it is within walking distance to my home, I will never again give them my business.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just stayed a week in Glendale and had a couple of meals at Bluebird Bakery. The sandwiches and soups were very good and the coffee was as you would expect at a bakery. You pay 50 cents for a coffee refill, which is on the honor system I believe. The smell in the bakery was heavenly...only wish I'd had time to taste more of their sweets. The only negative about this place is the over the top, borderline rude signs that were on every single table as well as on the side of the fridge when you walk in AND 4 signs (2 on each bar) at the barside eating area. Each sign said "Pick up your dishes". While I can appreciate trying to keep your staff and expenses to a minimum, I really think that no less than 10 signs stating the same COMMAND in such a tiny restaurant was a little aggressive. A polite request to place dishes somewhere specific when you place your order would probably suffice. The food runners were very sweet and friendly and the overflowing bakery displays were lovely!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a half tuna salad sandwich and chicken-pot-pie soup. There was a nice outdoor seating area for friendly conversation.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The wife and I took in Glendale today. They were preparing for their Wine Tasting and Street Fair while we were there. Very historic place, with a role in the Civil War as part of John Hunt Morgan's raid into the North. Quaint village and a beautiful square with a relaxing atmosphere. The Bluebird Bakery sits right on the square, with ability to eat inside or outdoors. The place specializes in unique baked goods, but also can provide lighter sandwiches and soup. We had the 1/2 sandwich Turkey Croissant with Tomato Bisque soup, and the Egg Salad with White Chicken Chili soup. Both were delicious. Bought some cookies for the grandkids. I'd definitely stop back here again, as we plan to take in the fall festival in late September. Highly recommended.

1  Thank showstang