“If you have plenty of time !”
Review of Ashlyns

Ashlyns
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food is freshly cooked to order and whether you go for the fish or meat it is all delicious. But dear oh dear the service is slow .You can wait 10- 15mins for a drink.The waitresses are all young ,trying to be friendly but they do need training.They only seem capable of doing one thing at a time and never look around to see who's waiting for service. I know the kitchen prepares everything freshly but they must cook one dish at a time !. Lunch can take at least 1.5 hours.
It is the same for breakfast .
It really needs an experienced front of house person to sort it out and then I would score it 5 !

2  Thank Worldtraveller1953
There are newer reviews for Ashlyns

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Visited twice now, lovely food but v slow, do not pop in for quick lunch, staff pleasant but youngsters not really on the ball, mostly standing round chatting. the farm and soft play area are great for small kids. Salad is good.

1  Thank holidaylover00
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the most frustrating places for breakfast: the food is great but the service is not. The staff lack energy and are seemingly untrained in customer service. No smiles, no apologies, no welcome. On our last visit, despite there being a queue, it took two people to rearrange a small table and three others just hung around the till and coffee machine chatting to each other. I asked for a table and was told I would have to sit upstairs and they pointed. How about taking us there and trying to make upstairs sound appealing? It can take 20 minutes to get a drink and the food can take 40 minutes. The food might be freshly prepared to order but ....More focus on the job and please, please employ a manager to direct, speed things up and train the staff. The staff need to see what needs doing themselves rather than waiting to asked by the customers. Once the food is on the table it is good.
The cheese counter in the shop is the same. The lady who was knowledgeable about cheese is hardly there now (such a shame - she was lovely) and instead the young servers can only read the information from the labels. I also have to ask to be served as they are too busy chatting to each other or looking at their phones.
It could all be so good but is just missing the mark.

1  Thank OngarLiz
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thebreakfasts were great and the farm was fantastic. The farm shop was also lovely. Fantastic all round.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would like to thank Ashlyns today for a superb meal. My hubby and I decided to take my mum and dad out for my dads birthday and we were very happy with the friendly service, excellent food and lovely surroundings. There really wasn't anything we could fault and I can only presume that the reviews I have read regarding a disappointing meal are out of date by a very long time and should be removed. Our Saturday was most enjoyable and we will definately return for another meal. Four very happy customers. : )

1  Thank Debbie H