“Nice B&B”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manningtree
The White Hart Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Manningtree B&B and Inns
London
“Nice B&B”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

A reasonably priced B&B (£60 for twin including full English breakfast). The rooms were clean & comfy - as mentioned by previous poster the windows don't block out the road noise & I found it quite noisy, however my travel companion slept right through so I think I'm just not used to any noise. Noise travels between the rooms as well, we could clearly hear next rooms phone conversation.

We were given 2 keys - one for the room & one for the front door which was great as we were at a party & didn't get back 'til late and so we didn't have to worry about how to get into the pub.

For an overnight stay it was fine, any longer than that & I think I'd like somewhere with less noise, but for the price it was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank nickycLondon

Families
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was my second visit to The White Hart Inn (the last being a couple of years ago when it was under previous management) and it remains an excellent B&B/pub, and a good-value alternative to the budget hotel chains.

It’s located right on the High Street in Manningtree, Essex (England’s smallest town), a short drive from nearby Colchester. I used the online booking system which isn’t the world’s most user-friendly website but it works, and I promptly received an email from the owner confirming my booking.

Although there isn’t a car park, there are several quiet roads less than a minute’s walk from the B&B where it was safe to leave the car.

My room (twin room) was bright, spacious, clean and comfortable with a large en-suite well-lit shower-room. The bedroom had plenty of character with original wooden beams (mind your head as you go into the bathroom though!) and at £60 per night it was reasonably priced, too.

The sash window didn’t exactly block out occasional noise from outside, but after 11pm the road is virtually silent and there’s almost no traffic, so I wasn’t woken once. However, if you are a light sleeper, it may be worth requesting a room to the rear of the property.

Breakfast (which cost £5) was excellent, cooked to order with extremely generous portions.

Overall, the owners couldn’t have done more to ensure we were well looked after and fed. I’d have only been disappointed if I was a ghost-hunter: the White Hart is listed on a number of websites of England’s haunted pubs, but on the two occasions I’ve stayed there, nothing has gone bump in the night!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Mdruk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manningtree
The Mistley Thorn
Holiday Inn Express Colchester
Milsoms Hotel
Milsoms Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dedham

Been to The White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!